Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

How can I stay awake

Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
I really need to stay awake when my brain is not working. I cannot remember what I have done one minute ago. I could fall asleep at any moment. My stomach hurts like hell. I feel like I am going to have a heart attack. I am so sorry that I cannot think straight.
Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo
Tagged:

Comments

• Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @Kate_20

Why do you need to stay awake? It sounds like your body and brain need rest. Please try and get the rest you need and deserve. At least only engage in activities that make you feel restful at this time. You can think clearer once you are feeling ready.

In terms of your stomach hurting, have you tried to reach out to your GP and let them know you are still struggling with this? If you really don't feel well, contact 111 in a non-emergancy or 999 in an emergency.

I hope you are feeling better soon :3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
    @Laura_tigger82 I needed to stay awake to fix my sleep patterns. It is painful and it doesn't seem like I can fix it. It feels like my brain is on strike.
    @Laura_tigger82 What is frustrating is that I did not get to do any work yet and then I crushed with no reason. It doesn't make sense how it happened. I was already unwell and then it just got worse with no reason.
    Hi @Kate_20

I am sorry to hear you are struggling. Though, I can definitely relate to the feeling of the brain being on strike. It feels like life is back to normal but my brain is still on holiday!

If you can, I wouldn't recommend altering your sleep pattern instantly. Instead, I would recommend changing it by an hour a week or quicker if you feel able.

If you are feeling unwell, it is understandable that you did not manage to get work done but still needed sleep. Make sure you are prioritising your health (physical and mental) and your wellbeing.

The work can come later once you are feeling more like yourself and back on your feet! If there's anything at all that we can do to support you then please just let us know :3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    @Laura_tigger82 I feel guity for needing extra sleep. I slept in the day again and successfully messed up my sleep pattern :( I was in so much pain. Maybe I should ignore the pain the next time? If I keep on being like this and complaining about this, I'll get nothing done.
    edited January 2022
    Nah @Kate_20, keep making sure you are looking after yourself. If you keep being in pain, maybe you should go back to your GP? They might be able to help. Your body is clearly trying to tell you something's not right through feeling unwell. I hope you feel better soon but until then keep making sure you are getting the sleep and rest you need and deserve :3
  • maryam852maryam852 Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    @Kate_20 Remember it is okay to need extra sleep! It's not about keeping to a strict schedule but listening to your body until you naturally develop a sleep routine. Calm down, deep breaths and the next time you feel tired, take a small nap. If even after listening to your body you feel pain, definitely go to your GP. Also, remember that there is nothing wrong with complaining, it just shows how much you care about this!