Home Gender & Sexuality
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Exploring sexuality

This discussion was created from comments split from: Sexuality Confusion?.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    annasannas Posts: 41 Boards Initiate
    Hi @ gia9720

Like you I have always been into guys, i started year 11 in September and since then I have had an interest in one of the female twins only one not both. Up until now I have had no intention of having that kind of relationship.

Annas
  • Options
    cocobeancocobean Moderator, Staff Posts: 35 Boards Initiate
    Hey @annas thank you for sharing your experience.

Exploring your own sexuality can sometimes bring up new emotions which can be confusing. I just wanted to ask how you're feeling about this new situation?

Let us know if there's anything you want to talk about :)
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @annas

Thanks for reaching out to us. I always appreciate how much courage it must take to reach out.

I would just like to echo what @cocobean has said! How are you feeling? :3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @cocobean

I am feeling really confused about my sexuality I don’t know if I am straight, gay or bi, especially as I have a boyfriend as well.

I am really not sure where this relationship is going to go.

• Options
    Hi @annas

Thanks for reaching out to us. I always appreciate how much courage it must take to reach out.

I can hear you feel confused and concerned. It takes a lot of time and energy to process your sexuality, especially if you are not instinctively sure about your sexuality.

I think your first step would be to think about how you feel about your boyfriend. You may also think about and reflect on what you think you like about females. This may give you a clearer idea.

Then you will be more aware of whether you should stay with your boyfriend or break up with your boyfriend and explore more about your sexuality.

If you identify as bisexual it could be that you love your boyfriend but also find females attractive and that is okay too.

We are here for you and always listening to you :3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,305 Part of The Furniture
    Just a note here to say I've split this discussion away from the original to give @annas and @gia9720 their own spaces to explore these conversations without interruption. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    That's a really good plan of action @Mike. @annas and @gia9720 both deserve the full attention and support we can provide to them :3
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    I can imagine this is really challenging to process for you, especially when you've mentioned feeling uncertain of the relationship you're in. This can make an already immense topic feel even more daunting :( would you like to talk a bit about why you're not sure where the relationship is going? xx
  • Options
    gia9720gia9720 Posts: 117 The Mix Convert
    @annas i can completely empathesise with you! It can be confusing and throw you off balance a million things going through your mind as to what’s going on with you - go with the flow!

I had a very interesting experience which has opened my eyes which I might open up about soon

I wish you all the best in what you choose to pursue, as long as your happy and you feel comfortable go for what you want :)
  • Options
    Hi @gia9720

Please feel free to open up about your experience when you are feeling ready and comfortable. Please don't feel pressured to share your experience until you are feeling ready and comfortable though. We will listen to you and support you. I hope everything's okay :)
  • Options
    @gia9720 @Laura_tigger82

I have recently told my girlfriend that I am pregnant because I want to explore my sexuality with her and I didn’t want her to feel awkward that she is in a relationship with a pregnant partner. As it turned out I had nothing to worry about she is looking forward to watching my tummy grow and the baby to eventually arrive. My partner is slightly jealous that I am pregnant.

Since I became pregnant my relationship with my boyfriend has been challenging he is finding the fact that I am pregnant hard to understand and he is finding the fact that I am also having sex with a female difficult to deal with.
  • Options
    Hello @annas

Thanks for your response. I am glad to hear you are able to talk to the people who mean the most to you. It is even better to hear how supportive your girlfriend is being as support is really important! I am sorry to hear your boyfriend is being less supportive. Hopefully, he just needs processing time but you might be able to talk to him if not and signpost him to some outside support. You matter the most and if we can do anything to support you, please just let us know <3
  • Options
    gia9720gia9720 Posts: 117 The Mix Convert
    @annas Exciting News!!!! woooo woooo and it probably a lot for him to process but glad your girl is excited for you. Just give your man some time and he will come round eventually :P
  • Options
    I am so confused about my sexuality I can’t understand within myself how I got from dating just boys
    to now being in a mixed gender relationship.
  • Options
    RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    These things are kind of a mystery honestly @annas everyone has their own experiences with their sexuality over the course of their entire lives so it's impossible to say! :lol: There are a couple of really great articles on The Mix about exploring your sexuality that you might find interesting, I hope they help. :)
    https://www.themix.org.uk/sex-and-relationships/gender-and-sexuality/are-you-exploring-your-sexuality-switchboard-lgbt-helpline-offer-their-expert-advice-35438.html
    https://www.themix.org.uk/sex-and-relationships/gender-and-sexuality/how-to-explore-your-sexuality-3353.html