Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

wb team

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,000 Community Veteran
i had a email asking my needs were referred by the PCP, how long is the wait now
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,132 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @ellie2000

Thanks for reaching out to us. I always appreciate how much courage it must take to reach out.

I am really pleased to hear you received an email about the referral. It is always a good first sign.

Who is the referral for? Referrals take different amounts of time :3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Idk wdtm. I told wat I struggle with feelings and
    WAT I been diagnosed with. who I got in my life. They seeing wat the f... I needing help. Stupid. Wat does talk do? wat skills do u gain frm talking?. Do they usual find the perfect witch or wizard? How do they do tht?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Hi @ellie2000

Thanks for reaching out to us. I always appreciate how much courage it must take to reach out.

Sorry to hear you don't understand what I mean. Just to clarify, I meant who have you been referred to? / who is meant to be supporting you once the referral goes through?

Knowing this information will help me to guide you on the expected waiting times.

Are you able to talk to anyone about your feelings and what you have been diagnosed with? It sounds like you have a lot to process at the moment.

We are here for you as a listening ear if that would help.

Maybe even just writing down your feelings could help you to process your feelings and what you have been diagnosed with if you don't feel comfortable talking to people.

In your life, you have friends, family, support services, and many more people like teachers and anyone else you can trust who cares about you.

It is not that something is wrong with you but rather that we all care about you and want to make sure you are okay and not have to face things alone.

Talk allows you to offload to another person so you don't have to bottle up how you are feeling. Talk also allows you to reflect whilst you speak which may help you to process things.

If you prefer for them to lead the support then they may also help you to find strategies for managing your difficulties. However, that's not the main benefit, sometimes you just need someone who will lend you an ear to listen.

Through talking they can understand more about what you are experiencing but also help you to process what you are experiencing. Together you can find a way forwards or at least feel less alone :3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    i got a email from a social worker, wat is tht?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Hi @ellie2000

It just means a social worker is making contact with you through email which is great news :3
  • Options
    i hold back my screams n cries coz i knew they didnt work
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    i msgd mr.c on gmail coz android sends notifactions. told me to send on yahoo, will he be annoyed?
    sometimes he doesnt look at his yahoo account 4 yonks
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Hi @ellie2000

I am sorry to hear you feel your screams and cries did not work. In what way do you feel they did not work? Did you not feel heard? We hear you.

He shouldn't be annoyed but he may see the message and respond to you sooner if you email him at the email address he has requested :3
  • Options
    ppl thought i was fibbing, why does it take me to break down in front of ppl for them to take action
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Hi @ellie2000

I am really sorry to hear people thought you were fibbing. It must be really tough to experience that and certainly not what you deserve. The right people will listen to you and believe you so keep trying to reach out.

I think you are courageous in still trying to reach out despite having experienced this. We are listening to you and we believe you :3