Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I become unrecognisable

Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
I tried to make a drink to make things feel a bit better but I just cried out of nowhere while making it. I cannot recognise myself. I wasn't such a mess two years ago. I want to clean the room everyday and I tried to clean a tiny little bit everyday but when my parents come and check it, it is not clean by their standard. They don't even believe that I have tried. It is hard to get them to believe anything except that I was spoiled.
Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo

Comments

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hello @Kate_20

I'm sorry to hear you are struggling. Well done for reaching out though. I always appreciate how much courage it must take to reach out.

Sometimes when there are lots on our mind and we bottle our emotions up, we do cry out of nowhere.

I'm sending you big virtual hugs. Do you want to talk about anything that's currently on your mind?

I am proud of you for trying even though you find it tough and others have not recognised your effort.

Do you think it is clean? If you do, that's what matters the most! If not, just trying is more than can be expected.

We are here for you <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @Laura_tigger82 Yeah I am okay with how clean it is due to my situation. I admit that I can do better if it isn't such a struggle for me. I am just worried that if I wait to get better, I'll never get better.
  • Options
    Hi @Kate_20

That's an amazing achievement to recognise that you are happy with how clean it is.

Often our achievements need to be negotiated with how we are feeling and what we are experiencing.

I am afraid I can't say how long it will take for you to feel better but you are always more than welcome to reach out for support. We are here for you and your GP may be able to help too <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @Laura_tigger82 It is frustrating as I've been trying to change my mindset but to no avail. It seems like my concentration or energy level doesn't allow me to do that. I always slip back into my unhelpful thoughts.
  • Options
    Hi @Kate_20

Thanks for responding with some more information to help us to understand your situation more clearly :3

It must be really frustrating that you try to change your mindset but your concentration/energy doesn't allow you to do that :/

Have you got support for your concentration/energy? I can imagine that is difficult in many ways for you :/

Also, have you tried to write out your thoughts and then write a more positive thought underneath? Sometimes writing helps <3
  • Options
    @Laura Great idea. Will try for my future posts.
  • Options
    @Laura_tigger82 No. I was constantly told by medical professionals that if I deal with my MH issues my concentration and energy level will get better. But I guess that is why it is a vicious cycle that is hard to get out of.
  • Options
    Oh no @Kate_20 :/

Yes, you are right. They work hand in hand :p

Actually, you don't know which causes the other!

Hence why many people with ADHD and chronic fatigue also struggle with their mental health conditions <3
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    @Laura_tigger82 Yeah, actually I was suggested by the MH system to look up other problems as well although they are quite vague to me. I am scared that I will not have any diagnosis. My family told me I did not struggle as a kid. I think my struggles of fitting in and being inappropriate are all because I am spoiled and lazy. I should stop thinking about finding excuses for myself because I don't struggle as much as I think.
  • Options
    Hi @Kate_20

Sometimes it takes time to find labels that fit our situation. Keep searching if you want to seek answers.

Are there any problems you might vague in particular? Could we help you to understand those?

Also, no diagnosis does not mean you are to blame. Sometimes, things are just tough and that is okay. It is okay for everyone to not be okay sometimes.

Sometimes things are also just underdiagnosed. We know you are finding things tough and aren't spoiled or lazy. You keep trying every day and that's the most important thing.

We hope you are feeling better soon. One of my favourite quotes is "the sunshine is always there, it is just hidden behind the clouds sometimes". I hope your sunshine comes out again soon <3