Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Letters

awesomeminecraft6789awesomeminecraft6789 Deactivated Posts: 1,052 Wise Owl
Hi guys it's almost the end of the year! It's crazy how one year can be filled with memories good and bad especially bad for me but we made it!

So this is a thread I got inspired from people who write letters to themselves and letters to their parents things like that it's just a nice idea I thought would be fun

So If I was writing a letter to myself In the future I'd say

Hi me!

You may not recognise me since I'm a past you and since you probably have left school by now you've forgotten about what happened on your second year of sixth form well and first technically but if you have congrats! I'm proud of you keep going! But if you haven't then just know that your not alone because I'm going through the same thing but don't hold it all in it's ok to cry I made the mistake of not crying and it built up and built up along with anger hate and a few other things and it all came out In one gigantic explosion so next time you feel it coming up let it don't hold it in otherwise you will tear yourself apart like I did but I promise things WILL get better given the chance if a chance like that does come up use that and take it you'll feel a whole lot better I promise ❤️

Also, how is college of you ended up in college? Friends? Best friends? Lovers? Enemies? Well I sure hope no enemies but considering how you got treated by people who didn't appreciate you just saw your flaws your deteriorations and weaknesses and took advantage of that do people still do that to you? How do you handle it? Let me give you one Piece of advice for the future although you have probably already learned that by the time you read this! You used to get bullied by people who didn't understand and because of how nice you were they used your kind nature to treat you like shit and that caused you to no longer trust people but you've grown now! I'm proud of you you've fought through hard times and are going through a hard time at the moment but your so much bigger than the world you have made for yourself you mean a lot to lots of people and I hope in the future whatever happens to me your not a loner your someone special even if you don't see it you are

What's the future like? Do you still have the friends you made at school? Do you talk to them? Do. They still matter to you? Have they helped you in anyway? I hope so their a great lot bonkers half the time but still good regardless how are you and your ex? Do you still miss it? Are things still seemingly awkward? Probably, because you were very broken afterwards are you still? Is it any easier? Are you two better friends now if you've gotten over it? I hope so she's a good person if not understandable it is hard I know it's hard but we're friends again so that's all that matters! 🙂

Anyway I'll write you again sometime hopefully!

Remember you matter

Love

Past you

Sorry I got a little carried away there but I'd just thought I'd start thread that could be useful I hope it makes your day just the slightest bit better ❤️

Comments

• Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    @awesomeminecraft6789 Thank you for creating this thread, this was really lovely and thought provoking! I think it can be so helpful to send our future selves messages, particularly to let us know we can do it, and that we're capable of more than we know! You've been really strong this year, and I'm really proud of you, and looking forward to seeing all the great things you achieve! You're a lot stronger than you think, and you're going to do wonderful things!
  • Options
    awesomeminecraft6789awesomeminecraft6789 Deactivated Posts: 1,052 Wise Owl
    Hi @Brookee

Awwww thank you for that that's really made my day 🙂
  • Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    Hey @awesomeminecraft6789 this is a great post well done <3
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    I simply adore this thread and the way you are speaking to future you with such a sense of kindness and warmth. Sometimes it's easier to be kind to ourselves when we can put some distance between us and the words and I think this is just the perfect medium to do this. I love all the questions you ask yourself and hoping you might come back to them in a year's time and give yourself (and us) some answers <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @awesomeminecraft6789

I think you have written such a beautiful post too <3

Apart from agreeing with everything everyone has already said, I am also wondering how it has made you feel to write this? :3

I hope it has made you feel uplifted remembering your strengths and that everything will get better and be okay in the end :3

Hopefully, your wonderful post will also encourage others to write letters to their future selves! <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Ah this is such a lovely idea. I actually write letters to my dad who passed away in January. I think it’s really good to write letters to yourself too, I may do the same.

Thank you for sharing :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    JonAddoJonAddo Deactivated Posts: 19 Settling in
    Hi @awesomeminecraft6789

Wow, this was such a beautiful post! I have a friend who writes these letters on Christmas but this is my first time reading one and now you've inspired me to do the same!

To follow the sentiment of your message to yourself, I'm proud of you too! Well done for getting through this year and all my genuine best wishes to you for the year to come!

You clearly have an amazing ability to look inwards, of which is so important for processing your thoughts and mental health. Did it take you a long time to think about this to write or did you find that your thoughts and feelings flowed naturally? How did you feel after putting your annual thoughts/feelings to text?

Thank you so much for sharing this! <3
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    edited December 2021
    Writing letters to family who has passed away sounds like a great idea too @*BananaMonkey*

Does it help you? :)

I am really sorry to hear about your dad passing away <3