Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

miserable and dissaspointed 🙄

Millicento_Millicento_ Posts: 35 Boards Initiate
Hey, so I've never posted but I need something or someone today.
Things are really tough for me right now as my mum is struggling with PTSD. She is the one I usually go to for help/support.
I do have a support worker who volunteers and she seems to keep not showing up..

I suffer anxiety. Incredibly low self esteem and have a diagnosis of ASD which I'm still struggling to accept.
I feel so trapped. I live with Mum, Dad and my brother. My Dad isn't helpful really...he's not the best at conversation and before when I've spoken to my brother I've had to explain from the beginning rather than the moment I sit with him.

I'm taking a risk, leap of faith and hopefully feel brave for it, by posting and signing up here.
It's not the most exciting I know, but I have no other comfortable outlet right now😔

Comments

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,120 Part of The Furniture
    edited December 2021
    Hi @Millicento_

Welcome to The Mix community. It is great to see you have joined us.

I am sorry to hear you are struggling today. Thanks for reaching out to us though.

I always appreciate how much courage it must take to reach out, especially for the first time!

Has your mum got mental health support in place? What is your dad's relationship and support like with your mum?

You can certainly talk to us. I am wondering with your support worker who keeps not showing up whether you could contact the people they volunteer for? Are they aware of your needs?

You deserve regular and consistent support. As I also have autism spectrum disorder (ASD), I recognise this is even more important for you.

Would you like to talk about why you are struggling to accept your diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder?

Have you got support in place for your anxiety? Some potentially useful support sources for managing anxiety are Anxiety UK (https://www.anxietyuk.org.uk/) and Mind (https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/anxiety-and-panic-attacks/self-care/).

Other than these support resources, I am wondering if you are aware of what makes you feel anxious? For me, it is often busy places, too many people and too much noise!

Knowing your triggers helps you to identify potential strategies for managing these. For me, it is balancing time with people with time by myself and working from home has been great for helping me to manage my sensory overload.

We are here for you, care about you, and are listening to you <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Hello @Millicento_

We're always here for you! I'm really sorry to read that you're struggling right now, and that your social worker isn't turning up to support you, that seems really frustrating! This is a safe and non-judgmental environment, for you to vent or access support and care, so if you feel able to express what you're going through we'll always be here to listen!

Anxiety is so complex, and can be very difficult to navigate and cope with, so thank you for opening up to us about it. I wonder if you've been able to access your doctor or if you've thought about accessing The Mix's counselling service?

It's perfectly okay to be struggling to digest a diagnosis. If you're able to, do you feel like you're able to discuss what you're feeling around this diagnosis, or what isn't quite sitting right with you, with it? Please only do what's comfortable for you though!

You're doing really amazing, and I'm sending you lots of love and strength <3
  • Options
    HarryIsHereHarryIsHere Posts: 16 Settling in
    Hey, so I've never posted but I need something or someone today.
    Things are really tough for me right now as my mum is struggling with PTSD. She is the one I usually go to for help/support.
    I do have a support worker who volunteers and she seems to keep not showing up..

I suffer anxiety. Incredibly low self esteem and have a diagnosis of ASD which I'm still struggling to accept.
    I feel so trapped. I live with Mum, Dad and my brother. My Dad isn't helpful really...he's not the best at conversation and before when I've spoken to my brother I've had to explain from the beginning rather than the moment I sit with him.

I'm taking a risk, leap of faith and hopefully feel brave for it, by posting and signing up here.
    It's not the most exciting I know, but I have no other comfortable outlet right now😔

Welcome to The Mix’s Community @Millicento_. We’re proud of you for sharing this on your first post here <3.

It sounds like things are a bit difficult right now, but we’re here to help you through this – and know that you’re not alone. How are you feeling at the moment?

@Laura_tigger82 has shared some really helpful links to Anxiety UK and Mind and I agree with @Brookee that speaking to your GP or signing up to The Mix’s counselling services could really help at a time like this.

As well as the community, The Mix has a helpline, one-to-one chat and counselling services, which you can find here https://themix.org.uk/get-support. All support is free and confidential.

Let us know how you’re doing, we’re here for you 😊.
  • Options
    Millicento_Millicento_ Posts: 35 Boards Initiate
    Thank you so much for even recognising my post...
    Hopefully in about a week I should be offered counselling with a local charity 🤞🏼
    I feel quite miserable really. I try message my cousin but she has quite a handful going on and she lives in Scotland so I can't actually go visit right now.
    Messaging my mum does make me feel like crying because I do miss having someone to talk to 😔
    I thought I'd see what support I could get with you guys and thank you again.
    Desperately and hugely appreciated ❤️💚
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,120 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @Millicento_

Thanks for your response. There's honestly nothing to thank us for.

We care about you and we are glad to hear you should be offering counselling soon with a local charity. Please feel free to let us know how you get on with the counselling.

Are there any other family members you could talk to?

You can certainly talk to us and we will listen! <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Hey @Millicento_,

Of course! We’re always here for you if you’re ever struggling! I’m really pleased to hear that you’ve been able to access therapy and I really hope it goes well for you!

I’m so sorry to read that you’re struggling right now but please know that it’s okay to feel what you feel, it can be really hard to cope with these feelings when it’s difficult to reach out to people we love or availability doesn’t match what we need, so please always know that we’re here for you, and you’re never alone in this!

Do you feel comfortable or safe to speak to any other people in your life? I understand this isn’t always possible, so please don’t feel like you have to reach out to anyone who you feel anxious around or who may be insensitive to your feelings or emotions. You deserve love and support through everything.