Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

therapy types

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
is attack therapy no more, wat is it
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    Good morning @ellie2000 :)

Attack therapy does not seem a common type of therapy and it does not come up in relation to the NHS.

According to Wikipedia, attack therapy "is a type of psychotherapy evolved from ventilation therapy. It involves highly confrontational interaction between the patient and a therapist, or between the patient and fellow patients during group therapy, in which the patient may be verbally abused, denounced, or humiliated by the therapist or other members of the group."

No wonder, it doesn't seem ethical and I wouldn't encourage it either! <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • boaboa Moderator, Staff Posts: 29 Boards Initiate
    Hi Ellie, this is a really interesting question. Do you mind if I ask why you are asking about the attack therapy? I am not an expert on therapy. I had a quick search online and found some explanation on Wikipedia.
    Attack therapy is a type of psychotherapy evolved from ventilation therapy. It involves highly confrontational interaction between the patient and a therapist, or between the patient and fellow patients during group therapy, in which the patient may be verbally abused, denounced, or humiliated by the therapist or other members of the group

It's good to see you posting. :)
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
    how do i self therapy coz wellbeing team said i had max weeks and they told me to use skills wtf r those
    Crazy mad insane
    Hi @ellie2000

There are some useful books, podcasts, and YouTube videos about self-care.

Mind has some useful information about self-care which you can find at https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/mental-health-problems-introduction/self-care/.

However, ultimately, it comes down to what makes you feel happy.

What do you enjoy doing? Are you creative for example? How could you express your thoughts and feelings?

For me, self-care/self-therapy would look like warm baths, colouring, and watching The Simpsons.

Self-care/self-therapy looks differently for us all though and finding what works for you is what matters the most <3

I hope this helps but if you have any more questions please just let us know :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • daisyella12daisyella12 Posts: 119 The Mix Convert
    Hi @ellie2000 I'm new here but thought I would try and help. It's nice to meet you <3

During your meetings with the wellbeing team were you given any type of therapy? or did they teach you any skills to use outside of your meetings to help you? This may be what they mean by using the skills. I'm sorry to hear that you have been let down by the wellbeing team :s If you know the therapy you were given during your meetings I may be able to give you some skills to use. Hope this helps :)
    the 1st therapy i had was a no gooder, she brought demons upon me n left wen it got too much and went on different job 'yikes forever' i need non stop support now. i forgot most skills, hav ppl got any ideas? i know grounding techniques :)
    Crazy mad insane
    ii play keys tht helps abit, but i wake naybours haha theyre DHd's anyway
    Crazy mad insane
    Hi @ellie2000

I am really sorry to hear you have experienced this type of therapy. It really doesn't sound helpful and I am sorry to hear it has been difficult for you.

I think it would depend on how you are feeling, the types of thoughts you have, and what you need the most support with.

Grounding is a great first place to start and so is making sure you do at least one thing every day that you enjoy and that brings you happiness and calmness :)

On this note, some people find mindfulness useful! To find out more about mindfulness, the NHS has some useful information about mindfulness at https://www.nhs.uk/mental-health/self-help/tips-and-support/mindfulness/