Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

first 1

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,963 Community Veteran
my first dramathearpist took my meaning away, someone told her employer to stop but he told her to keep going, i found out recently she was a trainee. after me she didnt carry on with therapy, instead she worked in a jeweler, im angry, Shall i fb her n tell her to die, coz she told told me told confront every1 i was unhappy with?
she went without supervision, now im unhappy 4eva :(
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    now other therapists hav to pick up pieces
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    she brought up demons
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    @ellie2000 Hi Ellie! This is so awful, I'm really sorry this keeps happening to you, you don't deserve this at all. The distress they've caused you is unfair.

I don't think messaging her will help you, is there anyone you can complain to, or have you been able to access any further counselling within a different service?
  • Options
    waiting for services to reply is a PITA, do services forget about referals
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    La_LaLa_La Posts: 156 Helping Hand
    @ellie2000 Dear Ellie, I'm really sorry to hear this has happened.
    How are you currently feeling?
    I definitely agree with Brookee, if there is any services you can contact, hopefully they can help. Are there also any adults who may be able to help you with this process?
    Therapy is such a personal experience as well, so I feel like it was very unfair for that to happen to you. There should be options for you to either change your therapist or receive support as well.

This has happened to me a few times as well, where some therapists have either ignored my feelings or said unkind things. It can be very harmful, so if there is anyone you feel comfortable talking to about this, I would recommend.

Sending you my support. I hope things get better.
    ~ Dreamer ~
  • Options
    Hi @ellie2000 They shouldn't forget about you at all! Unfortunately, due to the lack of funding for mental health services, they can often be in demand of around 200% which may lead to individual's falling through the cracks. That of course is not a reflection upon you at all, and I'm just so sorry you're having such negative experiences with these services! It may be helpful to contact PITA, and ask them if you're still on their list, if not, they will be able to put you back on! Have you discussed this with your GP at all?
  • Options
    PITA stands 4 'pain in the a__' sorry

i was wondering r trainee therapists allowed to emotionally harm young ppl
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    i msgd tht therapist, was tht the right thing to do
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    You've been really brave to reach out here for support about this @ellie2000. I wanted to recognise the lovely support that's already been shared by @Brookee and @La_La <3

I'm hearing how hurt you're feeling after your experience with this drama therapist which is understandable. No one should ever be made to feel this way and it sounds really serious that she wasn't properly qualified to offer you counseling support. Even if someone is in training, they should be helping not emotionally harming young people. It sounds like the employer themselves kept her in the role when someone else asked her to stop offering support, is that right?

How would you feel about reporting what happened to the organisation that offered you the therapy? They should take these things very seriously especially if there are more young people this could happen to in the future.

Keep us updated with how you're feeling, we're here to support you through this <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    @ellie2000 So sorry that I misunderstood that!

As @aife has put so well, they definitely shouldn't be causing you any kind of emotional harm, even when in training. Their main goal is to help you and give you the support you need. Which therapist did you message Ellie?

I wonder if they've been in contact with you at all since the last time?
  • Options
    wen im upset, i think about the ppl who mistreated me, n i vent on fb chat how i feel about them nd in some cases i say for them to 'die in fire'
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    La_LaLa_La Posts: 156 Helping Hand
    I understand, venting is a very good way to get your feelings off your chest. It is good to express how you feel around those you're comfortable with. One tip I have learnt is that another really good way to vent is with 'I' statements, such as 'I feel sad/angry' as then it helps you pinpoint your exact emotions.
    All the best.
    ~ Dreamer ~
  • Options
    @ellie2000 I understand, everyone deals with upset and distressing events differently. I'm so sorry that people have caused you such distress and upset. I wonder, have you tried any other ways of expressing these intense feelings and emotions? For example, I've found that writing down these feelings on a piece of paper and then ripping them up to be really helpful. On the other hand, if you're feeling like it's difficult to express your emotions by writing them out, getting a piece of paper and some pencils and just getting all your frustration out by drawing or swirling on the paper, can be really helpful. Of course, this completely depends on what is best for you, and don't try anything you don't feel will be beneficial for you!
  • Options
    'finch' on android is a gd app for tht 1,
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @ellie2000

Very glad to hear you have found something which can support you. I haven't heard about Finch before. Would you like to expand on how that helps you? :3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    it has quotes, it asks u how ur feeling, relection on the day and it has relaxing sounds. n u can write down stuff with getting urself into trouble, it also offers grounding techniques.
    if ur looking for abit of fun, there's 'fishdom' which is free and on android too
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    @ellie2000 I'm glad you've found something that's helping you! I just wanted to reiterate how incredible you're doing taking care of yourself right now! You're really doing amazing, particularly with everything you've been through with mental health services! I'm really proud of you!