Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Dealing with quarantine

Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
I have been in quarantine for a while now. I feel isolated and lonely and I worry about the future. I am worried about losing my friends. I am afraid of forgetting how to speak. I am afraid I may never get out of the quarantine. This world can never be normal again. I am afraid of people breaking inside and I might give them Covid.
Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo

Comments

• Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 111 The Mix Convert
    Good Morning @Kate_20

I'm sorry you are under quarantine now, and I know that the whole actual world situation sucks. I have hope for the future, though, and we have to be strong and follow the rules if we want to get back to our ordinary lives.

You don't need to feel alone, as the entire Mix community and I are here to engage with you and support you through this dark period of your life.
    Regarding your friends, I believe that they know what you are going through, they will understand that this is not your choice!

Rather than that, you can always call your friends to keep in touch with them, I know it's not the same thing as seeing them and having a conversation face to face, but it is still something.

I hope you will be out of quarantine soon,

A big hug,

Cosmo.

• Options
    Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
    @Cosmo It is weird but I don't know how I can start to call them. They seem so busy, especially my best friend. I can only spend time talking to myself. I am still sending them messages but it is not the same.
    Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
    Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
    El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,858 Extreme Poster
    Hey :) sorry to hear that you're struggling, quarantine and lockdown definitely challenged our social abilities and lives. You're not alone through this x

As @Cosmo says, your friends will be understanding of your situation, and I'm glad to hear that you guys are still staying in touch. If you're not sure how to call them, I'd send them a message and ask them whether they'll be free to chat in the evening (e.g. after work) or something. It does take a bit more organising, but that way you both know to set aside some time for each other to chat.

It's really important to keep in touch like this - like any skill, we need to practice speaking to others to make sure we stay in good social condition and stay connected, so be sure to check up on friends when you can. If you have some time, perhaps you could try making something for them, and you can show them next time you see them/call? That'd be a nice way to keep connected <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    @Kate_20 Hi!

I know quarantine can feel so isolating and lonely but please know that you're never alone, we're always here for you!

I think as the others have said, I think your friends will be very understandable of the circumstances you're in at the moment. It's also important to note that as we get older, holding consistent conversations with others isn't always possible. It doesn't mean we don't care about each other, I think it just becomes harder as our lives become more busy, but I'm so sure they care deeply about you.

I am wondering whether there's a chance you can do facetime calls with them and maybe watch a film together over face time or do a little quiz or something fun?

Also, if you're worried about forgetting how to speak, it may be helpful to do some roleplaying each day where you have a conversation with yourself? It may seem silly but it can be really helpful! Also I've found learning new languages on DuoLingo can be really helpful with this!

I think this shows how much you care about others that you're worried about giving anyone else COVID, but you're doing the best you can!

Try to be gentle with yourself, you're doing amazing!
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hey @Kate_20

Sending so much love and support your way. This sounds tough! I want you to know we are here for you :heart:

I second Brooke's idea of having a fun FaceTime night. I can see you're worried about them being busy. Perhaps you could message and see if there's one night that they can all do and arrange it from there. That way there is no pressure, you'll know they aren't too busy as they can pick good times. You deserve to have the support from your friends :blush:

When I'm alone, I speak to myself a lot haha. So just speaking your thoughts out loud can really help too! Or rather than text messages, you could communicate through voice notes, just to keep you speaking.

Take good care - we are right here with you :heart: