Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Family n death

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,971 Community Veteran
I don't c my dad often, n he tlkd about his death, and he went to say about grandad and he died at 74, is it mandatory tht family pop their clogs at the same age
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,313 Part of The Furniture
    edited November 2021
    What did your dad say about his death, @ellie2000?
    is it mandatory tht family pop their clogs at the same age
    The wording of this made me chuckle. 😅 Definitely not mandatory and lots of things can impact when someone might 'pop their clogs'. Is it something you're worried about?
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Hey @ellie2000

That seems like a very confusing and upsetting conversation to have with your dad. I don't think that's the case. A lot of factors come into play when it comes to death, a lot of which are completely out of our control.

Do you feel anxious about this? Please remember this is a safe space and if you feel able to, you can always express how you're feeling about this situation. :)
  • Options
    negitive talk frm ppl set bad emotions off even though i think they're attention seeking and unwilling to get help, i got my referals n activities through the (communty navigator), its worth researching
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @ellie2000

How are your referrals and activities going for you so far? :3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    i had meetings with wellbeing n Turning point how long do we hav to wait 4 a confirm email or phonecall
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    i did it under my own steam coz no-one seem to do anything :)
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Hi @ellie2000

This is fantastic to see, it's really great that you're finally getting the support you want! Let us know how it all goes! Well done for taking charge of the situation as well, that's really great!
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    edited November 2021
    Hi @ellie2000

Please do let us know how it goes. So proud of you for getting this support :heart:

Negative talk can certainly set off bad emotions. So, it's great that after hearing your dad talk about death, a difficult topic, you decided to share it with us here. This way we can help to support you with any emotions that may have been triggered :blush: We are right here for you :heart: