Home Health & Wellbeing
We've started our first discussion for our Christmas campaign which is focusing on religion or cultural beliefs that help you when you're feeling down. Some of the responses will be used anonymously on social media as a video. If you'd like to take part, head over to this thread.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

wen ur sad

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 1,839 Extreme Poster
why does it make u do wierd stuff

Comments

• coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 999 Part of The Mix Family
    Hi Ellie. Sadness, or any kind of difficult emotion, can certainly make us feel or act out of character. It's good to recognise when this happens, because then we can better control it, so it's great that you are asking about this. Would you like to talk a little more about what you mean by "weird stuff"?
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 1,839 Extreme Poster
    sing blackbriar which i dont do anymore coz banging frm upstairs, shout at ppl u luv, stick stuff up urself ...etc
  • AislingDMAislingDM Posts: 516 Moderator
    Couldn't agree more with what @coc0mac has said, when we struggle to process the emotional state we are in, there is often no predicting how we will act during/after this. There's that common saying about grief like 'no way of grieving is wrong' and I think this applies to a lot of negative emotions too. Like when we are sad, some will cry, some will close themselves off, others will throw themselves into their work and some people do a combination of all these things and there is nothing wrong with it. The only thing is, we need to think about which way of coping is the healthiest for us and others, for example I know you've mentioned sticking stuff up yourself, which is again very understandable, however unlike singing loudly this could have risks to your physical health (as putting 'foreign objects' in your body can cause damage/give you infections). This does not mean that you have done something 'weird' it just means we need to try to see if we can find healthier ways of coping, which is of course not as easy as I've made it sound. I'm wondering if you've ever noticed any particular pattern of when you do certain things, e.g., do you stick things up yourself when you are sad about certain experiences, or is it totally random? here, if you want to talk more about all this, and thank you for being so honest with us <3 xx
    i used to do it wen i was sad about feelings repeating as if i still dont feel free, or if i had a bad day. wat is a 'coping technique', they take a fat W n i take the fat L
    AislingDM
    Ah I see what you mean, like when you felt really trapped and like the day was awful that would be what you would turn to, I totally understand what you're saying, and as I said, it really is okay to respond to painful emotions in different ways. I think it's made especially hard when you can see other people winning when life feels like it's ending around you.

I guess a coping technique is any behaviour / task that makes pain and sadness or stress easier to deal with and process. It can be so many things for different people. My go-to one when I'm intensely sad is to watch my comfort shows, but this does not always work. What would you say bring you comfort in times of sadness/hurt, Ellie? xx
    weekends cats :), horror games
    AislingDM
    I love to hear you have a few things that bring you a sense of peace and/or enjoyment, as that's certainly not easy in this life. Do you find those things effective in helping with your sadness in different ways? xx
    somedays its easy somedays it dont work
  • BrookeeBrookee Posts: 270 The Mix Regular
    Hi @ellie2000, That's okay, unfortunately some days will always be harder than others, the positive to take from this is the fact that you try. That's really incredible, I know it can be difficult to try and sit with these negative thoughts, so the fact you try and do whatever you can to help make this time a little easier is commendable!
    i bought a lighter yesterday, i keep looking at it n thinking
    @ellie2000 Do you feel able to express more about how the lighter is making you feel, Ellie?
    after last week i feel very very sad
    i bought it bc i was sad but nvr used it
    @ellie2000 I'm so sorry that you've been feeling low emotionally. I think it's really incredible that you've fought through any urges to use the lighter. That's an amazing step, and I'm very proud of you, I know how difficult it can get to not act on negative thoughts, so this is amazing to hear!