Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

wtf n how

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
how do u turn it into positive
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @ellie2000

What do you want to turn into positive?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
    A negative thought, how do u turn it positive
    Crazy mad insane
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi Ellie.

There are a few ways that you can turn a negative thought into a positive thought. It's not always easy, so it's totally okay if this doesn't happen right away. The pure fact that you are trying is a really positive step :heart:

One way is to think "what would I say to a friend?". So if a friend of yours had the same negative thought, and you wanted to cheer them up - what would you say?

Another way is to practice gratitude - thinking about what you are grateful for. So, if somebody is thinking "Oh, I really don't want to go to work today". They could turn that around to think "However, I'm so thankful that I have a job. This job supports me so that I can do nice things".

Those are just two ideas - perhaps others can share their tips too. The more that you practice this, the easier it becomes. A positive mindset can be so powerful :blush::heart:
    i dont hav any friends coz theyyre p*ss taking Kn*bh**ds. ppl just come out with wat im supposed to b grateful 4.where i am i dont feel :( coz ive been through to much HELP
    Crazy mad insane
    the person i confide in makes me runaway, he thinks every1 is deaf
    Crazy mad insane
    he says the c word is a goodgirl, isit?
    Crazy mad insane
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi Ellie. It can be difficult to find things to feel grateful for when you have been through a lot, or are going through tough times currently. So this isn't your fault at all :heart:

The thing with positive thoughts is they can be helpful even when you don't truly believe them. It works by interrupting your mind's negative thought patterns to think "oh, okay, there is a more positive alternative way of thinking here". Over time, as you practice positive thinking, your mind will start to find more genuine positive thoughts in each day.

It might be easier to think of one positive thing, rather than trying to change a negative thought. So, if a negative thought arises, you can accept the thought. But each day, think of one thing that is positive. Like you, I also love cats. So I might think "I'm so glad cats exist to make us smile". Or "I'm so thankful that I have a cat to cuddle". Something as small as that can make a big difference :blush:

When you say the person you confide in makes you run away - what do you mean by that? Make sure that the person you confide in is somebody who you trust and who you feel comfortable with :heart:
    abrupt language, he says it with emphasis too, so i remove myself
    Crazy mad insane