Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

What would you say to someone being bullied?

Emma_Emma_ Community Manager Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
edited November 2021 in Positivity Corner
Hope you're all having a good start to this cold November ❄

Anti Bullying Week kicks off for The Mix next week with our 2 week campaign from 8th - 19th November. We know bullying is a super important topic for many of you so we're keen to create content to cover this.

Saturday 13th November marks World Kindness Day so we thought it would be a good idea to merge the two.

It would be really lovely to share some messages of kindness for those who are currently experiencing bullying. Drop your messages down below 🌈

Bullying is a really hard thing to go through, so just hearing words of kindness and hope can go a long way. You guys are always giving such amazing support to each other so we thought you'd be perfect for this!

We will be sharing these comments anonymously on our social media so please do let us know if you'd rather we don't share your comment there :)

Reply below if you have any questions!

Comments

• BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Bullying can be very debilitating and so distressing. It’s important to know that even though it can feel like you’re the loneliest person in the world, you’re not. It might not always be a comforting thing to hear, but sometimes it’s all we need to help us draw strength from in the hardest of times . The way someone else treats you is not in anyway a reflection on you, it’s a reflection on them. Be gentle with yourself, you are doing amazingly! You can get through this, look at how far you’ve already come! You are so much stronger than you give yourself credit, and although it doesn’t feel like this right now, it isn’t always going to be like this. Take pride in the amazing qualities and strengths you possess because they are worth their weight in gold. Be kind and gentle with yourself and never feel ashamed or embarrassed to ask for help, you and your mental health are more important than anything else <3
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    edited November 2021
    This is a lovely thread and think this would be great to share messages of hope to anyone being bullied <3

Here's my message:
    What's happening is not your fault, no one deserves to be bullied. Remember that you're not alone in what you're going through, there's lots of supportive and kind people who can help you through this. <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Lauren223Lauren223 Posts: 71 Budding Regular
    A really kind thread, bullying can be such a distressing experience for so many people, so it's really lovely to read these positive and warming messages <3

My message:
    You are not to blame, you are not responsible for anyone other than yourself. You do not deserve to be treated this way. You deserve love and warmth, and there are people who can, and will provide you with that and support you through this <3
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    I think every response in this thread has been so lovely and kind-hearted I just want to reiterate them. You are not to blame for how you're getting bullied and you don't deserve to be treated this way. Whoever might be reading this right now in the future I truly hope things get better for you as soon as possible. <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • La_LaLa_La Posts: 156 Helping Hand
    This thread is great. I think these messages will be a great way to help support those who are being bullied. I honestly think its such a tough experience to go through. I hope my message is helpful.

My message:
    Please remember that you are loved, you are valid and that you deserve better. It's not your fault that you are being bullied, and the way they treat you is a reflection of themselves; so please remember that their behaviors are not your responsibility. Please reach out for help when the times get tough. I wish you all the best and hope that things will get better soon. The scars from bullying can hurt greatly, so please be kind to yourself with the healing process. You are worthy.
    ~ Dreamer ~
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Beautiful thread idea :heart: My message:

"You are so, so loved. Nobody ever deserves to be bullied - you have done absolutely nothing wrong. You deserve to feel loved, safe and supported, always. And I really believe that, no matter how tough times may feel, things can and do get better. At The Mix, there is always somebody right here to listen and support you. I'm proud of you :heart:"
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    Bullying does not indicate a 'deficit' within you. I have been here too. Sometimes people can just be cruel. Usually, it indicates they are also experiencing a difficult time. However, you are better than that because you realise that bringing others down is not the way to make yourself feel better. Keep holding on and soon it will get better. Just make sure you are looking after yourself and reach out to others, we understand this is a difficult time and we are here for you. You don't deserve what you are experiencing <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
    Bullies r cowards, they haven't got something tht u've got. I fought back on fb telling the ppl who raped me how I felt and then the police got involved. The I started talking to their partner about wat they had done. First dm was I was so frustrated tht I threatened to burn their house down while their were asleep.
    a dramatherapist I had brought up demons and I realise now she a narcissist, I still see the person tht arranged the therapist in the first place, now I'm having continuous therapy 😫
    Crazy mad insane
  • Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    edited November 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Emma_Emma_ Community Manager Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
    These messages are beautiful, and I'm sure will help so many.
    Thank you all so much for sharing <3
  • Eleasha27Eleasha27 Posts: 5 Confirmed not a robot
    This thread is so lovely to read. No one deserves to be bullied and if you’re experiencing this, just remember you’re not alone and there are so many people within this community who are here for you. Things will get better <3
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    What a supportive and friendly community we have! :3