Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

yo

owlsontherunowlsontherun Posts: 8 Confirmed not a robot
Hi all! Mental health struggle is something everyone deals with at some point in their lives, however, that doesn't make anyone else problems more (or less) important or critical than yours (or mine). I'm here because I want to be part of a community that supports each other so no one feels like they have to do it alone, thanks

Comments

• owlsontherunowlsontherun Posts: 8 Confirmed not a robot
    edited October 2021
    btw im 23 have a degree in social sciences i'm also schizophrenic and part of the aa/na, so if your are interested in how i managed get sober from hard drugs whilst at uni and make real change to my own wellbeing with the free help which is available just ask
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Welcome!x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Welcome to the community @owlsontherun (great username btw)! It's amazing of you to join the community to help others, and if you want support for yourself you're welcome to ask. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    @zaynab_5 thanks, yeah tbh the initial recovery was a long process but it went really well, had blip recently and my alcohol use got really out of hand, but I'm back on track thanks to the support of the aa
  • lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Heeey @owlsontherun
    Love your username! <3

Welcome to the Mix! :3
    It's good to have you here!
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Welcome! 💜
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    Hey @owlsontherun,

Thank you for your post. It was really moving. You are correct, none of us are ever alone. How are you at the moment? <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Hi @Laura_tigger82

Thanks, tbh right now feel like total crap will find out today if my brothers going to prison or not, but at least I'm reminded why I'm trying my best to not drink alcohol anymore. How about yourself?
  • La_LaLa_La Posts: 156 Helping Hand
    Hello, it's nice to meet you. Welcome to The Mix :3
    Thank you for saying that our struggles are valid. That was really kind. I hope you have a great time here ^^
    ~ Dreamer ~
  • BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    @owlsontherun Welcome to the community!

It’s so great to have you here!

Thank you so much for opening up about your struggles. It’s amazing and commendable that you’re here to help others.

If you ever need any support please don’t hesitate to reach out!