Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

police interviews

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
do they keep wat they record
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @ellie2000,

Yes, the police should be keeping what they record in police interviews in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GPDR)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
    Do they laugh at how u struggle
    Crazy mad insane
    Do they get aroused seeing a vulnerable person suffer
    Crazy mad insane
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 111 The Mix Convert
    Hey @ellie2000
    They should keep records, of course.

ellie2000 wrote: »
    Do they laugh at how u struggle
    ellie2000 wrote: »
    Do they get aroused seeing a vulnerable person suffer

What do you mean by these questions? Have you had any bad experiences with police officers?
  • SirArchibaldSirArchibald Posts: 75 Budding Regular
    @ellie2000
    police keep what they interview and will watch it and transcribe what has been said in the interview. I cna understand why you are feeling anxious about what the police officers will do and say about your interview, but they would never laugh at or be aroused by a person in the interview. They are professional and they have strict laws and guide lines that describe how they should treat people they interviews. Most police officers want to help people and do not like to see the people they help suffer. They wouldnt laugh or be aroused by anything.
    I hope that you are okay. Police interviews can be really scary. Have you had any bad experiences with police officers that have made you aks these questions?
    I hope that you are okay.
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    I completely hear your fears and worries about having a police interview, Ellie, as having any negative experience with police, whether personally or second-hand, can leave us feeling extremely distressed and overwhelmed at the idea of being honest with them and being alone with them. As @SirArchibald says they are meant to be professionals who treat you with respect and autonomy, however I can understand why you would be anxious about whether this will be the case for you. Given the anxiety and distress this is causing you, I am wondering if there is any way we can make this process easier for you, for example, are you allowed to have another person in the room with you to support you? Having another person might make you feel safer about being around police officers in general. I also feel it's important to ask for their full names and badge numbers can help you to feel more reassured that you have their full info just in case. I do hope this will not be too difficult for you <3<3<3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited October 2021
    is it usual for them to use yes/no q's to work out use vunerble person on positive for them, to pointscore?
    Crazy mad insane
    no coersion like U.S?
    Crazy mad insane
  • SirArchibaldSirArchibald Posts: 75 Budding Regular
    @ellie2000 the police have special interview techniques that aim to limit bias in their question and help the individual they are interveing give the most accurate answers. It is typical for them to use yes or no questions as these avoid asking leading question that might effect your answers. They arent allowed to coerce answers out of you. I really hope that you are okay and that whatever you are going through you have support.I hope that oyur experiences with the police have been okay.
    If you have any questions about police procedures then this link might be helpful
    https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/giving-statement-police
    I hope that you are okay and if you need any support please post about it!
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Having had many interviews with the police over the years, there is one thing I'd advise you to do above all else: "Don't talk to the police without a solicitor"
    Weekender Offender 
    nd does the police focus on the vunerbal person, if u mention stuff tht hpnd to u, will they pay attention nd stop n relise wat they are doin is pointless
    Crazy mad insane
    i think they pick on vunerble ppl to laugh at thier suffering
    Crazy mad insane