Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Spending spree

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,961 Community Veteran
I went on a spending spree on google store last nite, I was feeling bad about myself. Wat do I say to the bill payer if it's a lot of money? I'm only gna buy vouchers from now on
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    I thought about getting gta this morning then i had second thoughts
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    I can hear that you sound anxious about telling the truth to the billpayer, which is really understandable, Ellie. After we have done something that we end up feeling bad about, it's no wonder you'd be left feeling panicked about talking to another person about it. I think perhaps the best thing to do is to be honest and transparent about where you feel the motivation to have a spending spree came from. Like, were you feeling particularly happy, sad or angry, or was there no particular reason? By explaining to others our situation and rationale, we are able to help them to understand why we did certain things, this is likely to get a better response from the billpayer. I'm glad to hear that the next morning you were strong in having second thoughts before purchasing something else. Would you like to share some more about how you usually feel when buying lots of things at once? xxx
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    I'd love to echo what Aisling has said, honesty is key :heart: Helping others to understand our thoughts and the reasons we do some things can help them to empathise better and be more understanding. It can help us to understand ourselves better too. It's been a few days since you posted this - have you spoken to the billpayer? :heart:

Most of the time, you can return online purchases too. So that's something to keep in mind if there's anything you bought during this shopping spree that you don't necessarily want - something to look into :blush:

• Options
    maryam852maryam852 Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    @ellie2000 What I was going to say has already been said above but I just wanted to let you know that my mum has a serious spending problem and she either takes someone shopping with her but if online, buys and returns. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    i think thts why i cant now make outgoing phonecalls, its vodafone. could any 1 c if theres a vodaphone prob in london
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    the only msging stuff i can use is signal n whatsapp
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Just wondering if you're still having issues with your phone connection right now, Ellie? And are things okay in terms of the spending worries too? Just want you to know that we are here for you <3<3 (I've read on social media that others are facing poor service from Vodafone too, if this helps?) x
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    i cant make calls or use vodafone msging, or the G symbol isnt working so no data. last week it became an issue, atleast i can use 'whatsapp' and and a msging app called signal still :)
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    i use the signal app more coz whatsapp is ownd by facebook, and it changed how it does things
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Sounds like your wifi is working then Ellie which is good? Maybe your phone calls and data have stopped working though?
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Options
    how do i see where the nearest signal tower is
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    I h8 being unhappy, the well-being team do something if I hurt myself in the reception area? coz nothing worked
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    I know this post was initially about your phone's signal/connection, so i do hope this has been sorted in the last week <3 But, I can hear how much you are still struggling in terms of your lack of happiness and feeling so very low. You must be beyond exhausted at this point, Ellie, I cannot begin to imagine how draining it must be to reach out for help only to feel left unsupported by those who are meant to be there for you. I know you've mentioned hurting yourself and I can understand why you feel like this is a last resort to being left constantly unheard but I really want you to know that you do not deserve to be hurt at all. You deserve to be supported throughout your pain and challenges. You've said that nothing has worked thus far which I am sure leaves you feeling backed into a corner and so I am wondering if there are other options you feel you would be able to explore, like crisis services? xx

I know you are in an intense world of pain right now and so words aren't going to 'fix' everything, but I really do wish you peace in this life and hope you can gain the long-term support that you deserve! In the meantime here are some short-term services for moments of crisis:

text SHOUT to 85258, or call Papyrus at 0800 068 4141 or contact Childline's 1-2-1 online chat service at https://childline.org.uk/get-support/1-2-1-counsellor-chat/?gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=CjwKCAiA1aiMBhAUEiwACw25MWUMqKVTq2V1s75msU1zKFUOz19pD1zWBW8Tmap6AtlDbHdQUea1UxoCviEQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds