Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Help build a community for BIPOC young people

JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,312 Part of The Furniture
edited October 2021 in We Need You
You guys might remember that, last year, we held a BIPOC Youth Voice Workshop that ended in the suggestion of creating an online community dedicated to peer-support amongst BIPOC young people. We also had an amazing group of researchers who helped us delve into this further.

Unfortunately, The Mix's efforts to get this project funded have been unsuccessful so far, which is why you haven't heard any more about it since then. But we haven't given up...

We'd like to invite you to a meeting to go through the project description for the BIPOC community space. The hope is we can get this project ready for our fundraising team to secure some money for it.

We can also use this time to create project descriptions for any other ideas you have, ready for our fundraising team to talk to The Mix's funders about. So you can bring your other project ideas too.

Securing funding is key to making any idea a reality, so this step is super important. :)

If you're interested in joining, let us know which date/time works best for you:
  • Tuesday 19th October: 3:30pm - 4:30pm
  • Wednesday 20th October: 4:30 - 5:30pm
  • Thursday 21st October: 5:30 - 6:30pm

Feel free to pop any questions below too 👇
The truth resists simplicity.

Comments

• Options
    Update: we're still looking for people for this! The date has been decided. It's tomorrow (28th) 4:30-5:30pm. If you're keen, drop us a PM or post below before then. :)
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @Mike

I hope you found your people! It sounds like a really important opportunity :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    @TheMix I've sent a pm also
    I'm getting emails about this saying I signed up when I didnt? Also emails about consent forms for parents being sent to them because I'm under 18 when I'm really not
  • Options
    We'll check it out and get back to you @GreenTea. :)