Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Running away (well not technically)

One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
I feel like I need to get away from everyone, I’m constantly screwing up and just making things difficult for everyone else especially at work. Other than that I feel so frustrated and it takes all I have not to snap at people when they annoy me which happens so easily especially at work.

Due to this my performance at work has been very poor resulting in them cutting my hours a lot and me being on the very loosing my job.

My head is just all over the place now and I’m tired of hiding what I’m feeling. I want to get away from here and be by myself 1. It means I can’t screw anything else up and 2. It will give me time to relax and hopefully get my head sorted.

The issue is, I don’t know where to go nd I don’t want people to know.

If I tell people they will just try and stop me due to being over protective or offer to come with me but I want to be alone!

But if I lie and say I’m going with someone it won’t work because they will question me and I’ll probably get myself tangled in a wed and once again mess up!

Comments

• Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 111 The Mix Convert
    Hello there,

Sometimes we need to unplug for a while and leave everything behind for a couple of days, weeks.
    I feel you. It happened to me, and it is still something that keeps returning in my life very often.
    The only advice that I could give you is to take some time for yourself and leave all the stress go, maybe reading a book, doing your favourite hobby, or even going out and exploring a new place.
    We are always trying to be at our best performance and stress ourselves with poor self-esteem thought.
    Just be you in the safest way possible.

A big hug,
    Cosmo.
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Bless your heart @One-in-a-million , you must be simply exhausted at the moment. Feeling like you've 'messed things up' is truly a horrid feeling, especially when it results in tangible problems, like reduced hours! Sometimes when our heads are so stressed out and confused, the last thing we're going to be focused on is work and other much less important things, compared to our mental health. You deserve to know some peace and relaxation, as @Cosmo suggests!

Getting away must sound like such an appealing idea right now when everything is causing you such pain, and so I'm wondering if you're getting any support at the moment? <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    KatKat Posts: 81 Budding Regular
    Hiya @One-in-a-million
    I'm so sorry to hear you are feeling this way, its sounds so hard to deal with. I totally get where you are coming from. I too have felt quite claustrophobic and felt like I just want to get away from everything. I find that going for a walk can be really helpful just to get some fresh air and to get away from the situation which is bugging you. Maybe when it's your lunch break try to go for a walk. You could try to find a green space if possible as this is said to lower your stress hormones. Even just a little walk in the fresh air can do the world of good and help you reset and recharge. Just make sure you are having some time to yourself because you deserve it <3
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    I know you're so beyond exhausted right now @One-in-a-million , but I just wanted to see how you're doing at the moment? xxxxx
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
    edited October 2021
    Sorry to everyone for not replying it’s been so up and down recently. I have been feeling better recently which is good :)

@Cosmo I’m hoping to get back into some of my distraction activities however my first battle is to clean my room which is proving difficult right now due to concentration so just doing it bit by bit. 😁

@AislingDM thank you it definitely has and still is quite tiring but I think the reduced hours is helping a little, giving me time to destress a little. I am doing better than I was tho thank you. There is not much support in place at the moment and I’m just taking each day as it comes. I did contact my GP although they were very unhelpful unfortunately as they say they can’t do much for me due to my epilepsy.

@Kat im sorry to hear your feeling this way too, it’s really horrible and I hope you and finding ways to cope with it and getting the right support. I also go for walks, it just helps clear the head. Although I am ready for a change of scenery.