Home Articles
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Anyone is welcome to join. Sign up here
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Cannabis Information | What Is A Whitey | Effects Of Weed | The Mix

MixBotMixBot Posts: 8,656 Automated Account
edited October 4 in Articles
imageCannabis Information | What Is A Whitey | Effects Of Weed | The Mix

The Mix discusses everything you need to know about Cannabis. We examine the effects of weed & getting high, what weed feels like and ask what is a whitey?

Read the full story here

Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• mateynftmateynft Posts: 1 Literally just got here
    This take on marijuana is refreshing to hear, especially in a country where it is illegal, but, I didn’t see anything about the fact that street weed and medicinal weed are two very different things. I smoke it from time to time but even I think this article is too lax in areas. Starting off the article promoting the health benefits is what a lot of people want to hear but I would maybe slide in a little information about how a lot of studies on weed are conducted with lab grown weed as opposed to street brought marijuana which was probably grown in the home of some sketchy stranger. I’ve had a friend who was 15 years old that passed out walking home (hitting his face on the curb and was hospitalised) because his weed was laced with heroin. Street weed could be tampered in a variety of ways to make it more addictive, to make it heavier (to turn more of a profit) or even to make the high stronger. I’m pro-legalisation but being 100% pro-weed can be dangerous, in summary, always buy it from a trusted source.
  • MikeMike 🎧 LandaanPosts: 3,641 Community Manager
    Thanks for your insights on the subject @mateynft.

We'll pass your feedback about the article on to our editorial team. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.

Want to join the community champions? Drop @TheMix a message!
  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,224 Skive's The Limit
    edited October 12
    mateynft wrote: »
    I’ve had a friend who was 15 years old that passed out walking home (hitting his face on the curb and was hospitalised) because his weed was laced with heroin.

No you haven't. Nobody laces weed with heroin. Just like nobody laces ecsatasy pills with heroin. It makes no sense.

It's quite possible that weed may be adultarated with a substance to make it heavier and therefore more profitable - this is most often done with water. I have seen credible evidence of weed being contaminated with sand, but nobody is going to put heroin or crack in it, and I've seen no evidence of it actually happening.

Most home grown weed is no different than that grown in the lab - in fact it is likely to be less potent.

mod note: formatting fix
    Post edited by Mike on
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    But today is a gift
    That’s why it’s call the present
  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,224 Skive's The Limit
    With regards to the article, I think some content is missing with regards to the fact. Anna is use can induce anxiety.
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    But today is a gift
    That’s why it’s call the present
    Skive wrote: »
    With regards to the article, I think some content is missing with regards to the fact. Anna is use can induce anxiety.
    Thanks for this @Skive. :) Will pass this on.

@Skive & @mateynft just letting you know we considered your feedback, reviewed the existing content in the article, and consulted with some experts to update it. Here are the changes (new info in green).

Medicinal vs recreational marijuana:
    A couple of disclaimers

It’s important to note that cannabis isn’t just for stoners – it can truly help people. Weed is often used for people with long-term conditions such as Multiple Sclerosis and chronic pain as it can help ease pain and relax the muscles. As a result, it can greatly improve their quality of life. This is why weed users and some others argue for the legalisation of weed. A lot of healthy people don’t even use the actual stuff, just products infused with cannabidoil (CBD) which is a compound found in cannabis.

There’s also a distinct difference between this type of weed (known as medicinal weed) and the stuff you get on the streets. Since you have to have a prescription to get ahold of medical marijuana, it’s a lot more reliable than the weed you buy for a rave. The latter can be laced with all types of nasties, especially considering you don’t know exactly what the dealers done to grow it; We’d wager a guess that medicinal weed is just a tad more regulated in its growing conditions. Just something to keep in mind when you picture someone taking medicinal weed.

Potential long-term side-effects (e.g. anxiety):
    Long-term effects of weed:
    • Smoking weed can lead to respiratory problems and, if you mix it with tobacco, can lead to cancer
    • There are links between smoking cannabis and low sperm counts in men, and sometimes lower fertility in women
    • Heavy smoking damages the immune system
    • Using it a lot can affect your concentration
    • It can make asthma worse
    • It can cause some long-term mental health issues, including anxiety and psychotic symptoms