Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

It is sad that I cannot share my poems over here because they are triggering

Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
It is sad that I cannot share my poems over here because they are triggering. I put all my feelings inside them and they can only stay with me. They can never turn into anything positive. And nobody could see the real me. I am only someone with a problem.
Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo

Comments

• ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    I think if you put warnings and put them in spoiler tabs so people need to open them to see them you're okay, but a mod will be able to say for sure
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
    Apollo wrote: »
    I think if you put warnings and put them in spoiler tabs so people need to open them to see them you're okay, but a mod will be able to say for sure

@Apollo There are detailed methods of suicide I don't think trigger warning would help much
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    Hi @Kate_20

I think as long as they don't break the guidelines and you put warnings on, they should be okay :heart:

Sorry to hear that you feel you can't share your poems. You totally can, as long as they don't break the guidelines and if you put a trigger warning in your post title, or at the top of the post it should all be okay :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @Kate_20,

Sorry to hear you feel this way. It makes me feel sad to hear you are hurting :/ I am just wondering if you could either use your poems to monitor your progress over time or highlight the triggering parts in a pink highlighter and then use the guidelines to make them less triggering for others? You could then share your poems with us. Also, you are never "only someone with a problem". You are a person who has a role in other people's lives, you have interests, hobbies, dislikes, fears, strengths, weaknesses and a personality that makes you who you are. At the very least, you are a loved member of The Mix community who is always kind and wants to make a difference to others which I think is wonderful! Keep going, you will find a way. It is just stormy for you right now but the sunshine will come out again soon :3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
    Hi @Kate_20,

Sorry to hear you feel this way. It makes me feel sad to hear you are hurting :/ I am just wondering if you could either use your poems to monitor your progress over time or highlight the triggering parts in a pink highlighter and then use the guidelines to make them less triggering for others? You could then share your poems with us. Also, you are never "only someone with a problem". You are a person who has a role in other people's lives, you have interests, hobbies, dislikes, fears, strengths, weaknesses and a personality that makes you who you are. At the very least, you are a loved member of The Mix community who is always kind and wants to make a difference to others which I think is wonderful! Keep going, you will find a way. It is just stormy for you right now but the sunshine will come out again soon :3

@Laura_tigger82 @Stephanie Thanks for your kind words. I am still scared of going against the guidelines so I am not sharing them here. I cannot afford having my account suspended as this is my only place to talk. I will try to share my poems elsewhere.
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    @Kate_20 maybe you could message them over to the mix to begin with you have them check them over.
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Just wanted to drop in here and echo what's already been said. You're more than welcome to send us a PM @Kate_20 if you wanted to check any poems with us before posting. Also if you're unsure about any of the guidelines, do let us know and we'll be more than happy to talk them through. :)

- Aife & the team
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.