Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Dear past self

awesomeminecraft6789awesomeminecraft6789 Deactivated Posts: 1,052 Wise Owl
Hi guys

So the question I've asked myself many times before is if I could go back in time to meet my past self what would I say?

The first thing I'd probably say is just because people bully you and treat you badly doesn't particularly mean that your a bad person it just means that they have varied opinions on you and it might be because they remind you of something about themselves

The second thing I'd say is don't let everything get to your head especially the bad stuff don't think about the bad think about the good and you won't stop talking considering I used to love to talk hell I used to love school but due to everything people said getting to my head and me thinking I'm a bad person and trash it changed me

The third thing I'd say is you ARE loved no matter what Because of everything that happened and what happened recently I keep thinking people don't love me it got even worse after the break up but I met some really cool people and they both gave me hope in love again and I'm actually with one of them now and I can't be happier this new one has really made me come out of my shell and actually saved me so I want to thank that person you have really saved my life and helped me finally open up and trust people again ❤️

But now I wanna here from you guys if you were sitting in a room with your past self what would you say? This doesn't have to just be for people like me who have gone through hell it can be anyone who has something in there past that theyve said something they regret or anything they wished they'd done better if they could do it again? I just wanted to make a nice thread for anyone who wants to rid something off their mind from back then I hope you guys like this thread ❤️

Comments

• Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    I simply love this idea, it's so beautiful <3 I also think it's beyond amazing that you felt willing to share your own thoughts with us, especially given how wonderful each piece of your advice is!

I would probably say something about not letting people's comments about how you look impact the way you carry yourself (obv saying this is way easier than believing it!). If I knew this when I was younger I feel that I mightn't have quit so many hobbies and sports out of fear for how others perceived me.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    awesomeminecraft6789awesomeminecraft6789 Deactivated Posts: 1,052 Wise Owl
    Hi Assailing DM

I think that's a wonderful thing to share well youve still got time to get back into the stuff you wanted to get into when you were there's always a chance for redemption because peoples perception of how you look shouldn't matter only if it's like not too rash critiques or compliments if I'd known that myself my life would definitely be different but thank you for sharing!
  • Options
    KHI1886kKHI1886k Deactivated Posts: 136 The Mix Convert
    Hello @awesomeminecraft6789
    Hope you're doing okay today!
    that is so lovely and Brought tears to my eyes <3
    you're loved too! and so happy you found love again
    I would love to re-sit my past self to find answers on why life was so hard but also to see if things can change when your so deep in your thoughts.
    take care,
    Khia
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    SO TRUE!!! when i really think about it there is nothing stopping me from getting back into all of these wonderful activities. Thank you for being so supportive and starting this wonderful thread <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 111 The Mix Convert
    This is such an amazing idea! =)

I would probably advise myself about being more egoist in certain kinds of situations and get poisoned by evil comments.
    The motto I would say is: Yolo (You only live once) <3
  • Options
    stephyb21stephyb21 Posts: 15 Settling in
    What a brilliant idea!
    If i were to have one message for my past self it would be to accept there are some things you cannot possibly change. Don't hold yourself up on the idea that everything has to be the way you want it to be as the world works in mysterious ways, this change may bring about better opportunities or possibilities than you could imagine. :)