Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I feel like my problem is too minor for a helpline

Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
I am tortured by the thought that I have potentially hurt someone or have behaved inappropriately. It is too minor a problem for a helpline because my life is not at risk atm but I cannot get through to my friends. I am wondering if I can PM anyone over here? Thanks in advance. I just want to get it out without it appearing on the board because it would be too awkward. I really don't have time to worry about it before my deadlines.
Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo

Comments

• Options
    rachel37376262rachel37376262 Posts: 20 Boards Initiate
    @Kate_20 sending hugs, will pm you
  • Options
    MarshmallowCloudsMarshmallowClouds Posts: 3 Newbie
    Helplines are always there to help regardless, I recommend Samaritans or if you don't want to ring, you can text shout :)
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    I can hear how stressed out and worried you are about this @Kate_20 !! Panicking that you 'shouldn't' call a helpline is truly an awful feeling, because it leaves you feeling unsure of your options and less valid about the pain these thoughts are causing you. I completely agree with @MarshmallowClouds , you deserve support no matter what and I do not believe there is such a thing as a 'minor' issue, it is all about how much it hurts you and if something hurts you even a tiny bit (and it sounds like you're in infinitely more distress than that) you should be able to get support. SHOUT is particularly good as you can easily chat about any issue for a little while and gain some support and hopefully understanding from the volunteers. I do hope you'll feel able to give this a go, because you do not deserve to suffer in this way, and certainly not alone. Huge hugs <3<3<3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Hey @Kate_20

Just wanted to check in to see how you are doing? :heart:

I just want to echo what has already been said :smile:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AislingDM wrote: »
    I can hear how stressed out and worried you are about this @Kate_20 !! Panicking that you 'shouldn't' call a helpline is truly an awful feeling, because it leaves you feeling unsure of your options and less valid about the pain these thoughts are causing you. I completely agree with @MarshmallowClouds , you deserve support no matter what and I do not believe there is such a thing as a 'minor' issue, it is all about how much it hurts you and if something hurts you even a tiny bit (and it sounds like you're in infinitely more distress than that) you should be able to get support. SHOUT is particularly good as you can easily chat about any issue for a little while and gain some support and hopefully understanding from the volunteers. I do hope you'll feel able to give this a go, because you do not deserve to suffer in this way, and certainly not alone. Huge hugs <3<3<3

@AislingDM Thanks. Sometimes sadly this is how some helplines work as they do have a limit of me calling them. I guess they want as many people to have access to their services. TheMix is not an exception. Sometimes it hurts to know that you are at the point of disappearing from this world but you know that no helpline would accept you or you have used them up. I am just being cautious not calling them if I am not reaching the point of crisis yet. I have to learn to adapt to how this world is :( There isn't hope in this world only rejections
  • Options
    Stephanie wrote: »
    Hey @Kate_20

Just wanted to check in to see how you are doing? :heart:

I just want to echo what has already been said :smile:

@Stephanie I am not doing okay at all. I am chased by my suicidal thoughts everyday and I cannot take a break from them. There is no help available and my life is a mistake.
  • Options
    summerxo21summerxo21 Deactivated Posts: 321 The Mix Regular
    you okay?

you're beautiful, caring kind and brilliant i love you and so do others xo

summer
  • Options
    summerxo21 wrote: »
    you okay?

summer

@summerxo21 I am not okay. I am stressed out and hopeless. Thank you for your kind words.
  • Options
    summerxo21summerxo21 Deactivated Posts: 321 The Mix Regular
    Kate_20 wrote: »
    summerxo21 wrote: »
    you okay?

summer

@summerxo21 I am not okay. I am stressed out and hopeless. Thank you for your kind words.

go check out my depression talk thread we can chat there
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    That's completely true and knowing this must be beyond devastating, the idea that you are reaching out for help and making it clear that you need support, only to be rejected in a sense is simply awful. I can see why this would leave you feeling hopeless and uncertain of what to do when you are in distress, but it's not quite 'crisis level'. Learning to adapt to this world that does not really understand mental health needs is truly depressing, but as you say, becomes extremely necessary in order to survive. I wonder, is there anything that you find brings you happiness in these moments of immense devastation? <3
  • Options
    AislingDM wrote: »
    That's completely true and knowing this must be beyond devastating, the idea that you are reaching out for help and making it clear that you need support, only to be rejected in a sense is simply awful. I can see why this would leave you feeling hopeless and uncertain of what to do when you are in distress, but it's not quite 'crisis level'. Learning to adapt to this world that does not really understand mental health needs is truly depressing, but as you say, becomes extremely necessary in order to survive. I wonder, is there anything that you find brings you happiness in these moments of immense devastation? <3

@AislingDM Nothing really I am trying to do the things that I like but it doesn't feel quite right