Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Some news from me...

Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
So…coming up 6 years ago, I joined the community to help out in a number of ways for example facilitating conversations around relationships, chipping in to moderate and answer some PMs and also help people take steps into volunteering and youth voice. My role over the years relating to the community has changed from time to time, which means you will have seen less of me and more of me at different points, but I have always been in the background supporting the team and cheering you all on.

As you may have guessed from the post, I will soon be taking a bigger step away from The Mix on a day to day capacity as I am moving to work at a different charity. Fear not, I will still be around from time to time, popping in to provide support as well as keep some of the games going, however I wanted to just pop up a quick post to say goodbye to you all with my staff hat on.

I can honestly say that the greatest part of my job by far has been when I get to work directly with young people. Seeing so many of you grow and develop over the years, supporting each other, sharing your challenges and successes fills me with such pride. It can be hard to see your personal progress when you are looking on things from your own perspective, but I can guarantee we notice the steps forward you have taken and these are all worth celebrating.

Ultimately, it is the people that make a community, and I hope you can all take small moments of time to reflect on all that you give to the space and how valuable that is, whilst also celebrating the support and friendship that you gain from it too. Keep on being an awesome and welcoming space :3

As always, Winnie the Pooh knows best...
PuC6ZBG.jpg
FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Comments

• *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Good luck with your next adventure :smile::heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    I wish you all the best for the future and good luck for your new job! Take care <3
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    I hope that things go well with your new job. I am glad to hear that you will still be joining in with the games though.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Thanks all :) I couldn't leave without trying to reclaiming my connect 4 crown @Dancer :lol:
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    We're going to miss you so much @Ed_. You really have been the biggest supporter not just for us as a team, but even more so to the community too. I have so much to say thank you for, we really have been the best team and I'm going to miss you so sooo much - especially playing catch in the office and helping you with pranks (well mostly disrupting them so they fail). Most importantly, thank you for your words of support to me and also the community. Messages like the one from your post that I've copied below I'm sure have helped so many people more than you know :)
    It can be hard to see your personal progress when you are looking on things from your own perspective, but I can guarantee we notice the steps forward you have taken and these are all worth celebrating.

You're going to be amazing in your new role and your new team are SO incredibly lucky to have you joining them <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    @Ed_ Good luck 🙂❤️
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Haha I love how @Aife is going to miss Ed because of doing pranks together in the office. At least you will get to play pranks with @Emma_ instead.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Best of luck for your new role! x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.