Home Work & Study It's Exam Time The Class of The Past
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mock Exam Results

DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,849 Master Poster
edited May 2022 in The Class of The Past
For anyone who is in year 10 and did mock exams just before the summer holidays, I want to say good luck for when you get your results. I get my results in September and I think that is the same sort of time that other year 10 students who sat mock exams will get their results.

Before anyone gets confused, mock exams are marked by teachers rather than by exam boards and the exams could go ahead because they were not official exams (they were mostly past papers) so they had not been cancelled by Bojo in the most recent lockdown malarkey that we have been through.

I feel worried about when it comes to getting my results especially as I know that I didn't do particularly amazing in the Maths exams. I got the results of my non-calculator paper but not the grade because it needed to be compared to the calculator paper and then the grades would be averaged.

For example, if I got a level 4 in the non-calculator paper (which I almost certainly did not get because of how badly it went) and a level 6 in the calculator paper (which is also unlikely) it would be averaged as a level 5. I got 19 out of 80 on the non-calculator paper that I did.

Thankfully I feel okay about getting my results for my Citizenship exam as that was mainly about being able to justify my answers rather than general knowledge (although there were quite a few general knowledge questions as well.)
"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
"The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
"I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• Options
    Rose124Rose124 Posts: 69 Boards Initiate
    First of all, I just wanted to say a massive good luck to anyone who is going to collect results to their exams in the near future, and also i am so proud of everyone who has already collected their results. No matter what grades/grade you happened to get, you’re still such an amazing and wonderful person and you can go onto do amazing things with your life.

I’m going to share my story with my grades in hopes that someone out there might be able to take comfort in this story and know that they’re not alone. At A levels, I failed an a level (I got a U) and got a D in another A level and an E in an As. However, I went onto do a BTEC and got a DD (which is the equivalent of two A’s at A level) and am now going to my dream Uni to train to be a drama therapist.

So please know that you’re not alone and that exams don’t determine how clever you are, and grades definitely don’t determine your worth as a person or whether you will be able to go on to do amazing things with your life.

Wishing you all the best, and sending lots of virtual hugs to people who may need them ❤️

• Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    I love this thread! A massive good luck, congratulations, and proud of you to anyone and everyone collecting results :heart:

I remember collecting my GCSE results (mock & official) and it felt like my whole world depended on it. Years later I can say yes, exams are important, but there is so much more than exams. You are not defined by your grades. You are your personality, your passions, the sheer handwork that went into your exams, your life experiences, and your natural gifts. Natural talents that are inside each and every one of you. That's what matters :blush:

So, regardless of the grades, I'm so proud of you and I hope you are proud of yourselves too. You've got this :heart:
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,133 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @Dancer. I just wanted to thank you for your post. I am sure many of us can understand the difficulties you have experienced. However, you have rightly identified two great things. The first is that this has been a challenging and unusual time and the second is that your performance has varied across the curriculum. Well done for pushing through with your examinations. I hope you get the scores you need but there will always be a pathway for you. Keep going!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Hi @Rose124.

Thank you for being such a supportive and positive member of the community. How inspiring that you can share your journey and how you achieved your dream of progressing onto your preferred university and training to be a drama therapist. I wish you all the best with your university journey.

Similar to your journey, I had to retake my GCSE's at college. I achieved mainly distinctions in my Access to Higher Education programme and I am currently studying for a Masters degree in special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) at my preferred university.

Good luck everyone! You will find your pathway
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Hi @coc0mac. Thank you for sharing your insights. I think you are right, when you are waiting for exam results or newly qualified with results, it can feel that they define your worth but you later realise that grades are just one jigsaw piece. There are so many more defining characteristics (such as hard work, experiences and passion) that define you and are bigger jigsaw pieces. I think it is amazing that people have completed their examinations at this time. The mere completion of exams shows resilience, determination, the strength of character and passion for the next steps!