Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Makeup

Past UserPast User Recovering🥀LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
The user and all related content has been deleted.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Ahhh I had this problem, I now only really wear mascara and my skin is so much better! (Not much help sorry)

Hope you figure this out soon.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Oh bless your heart @zaynab_5 ! That must become so frustrating for you, when you're trying to feel confident but you are then constantly worried the makeup will worsen acne in the long term :( Ofc, I love @GreenTea 's suggestion of trying to go without skin makeup, but I understand the huge confidence boost makeup can bring in certain situations, so if you're keen on wearing skin makeup like foundation and concealer, I've seen friends have good experiences with Glossier's stuff (but they aren't very full coverage and the company has been boycotted by lots of people because of racism experienced by employees there). Perhaps you could try a skincare brand which also produces foundation, like The Ordinary, but I know these can be a bit more expensive.

I've seen good reviews (with pics) for a lot of the products listed here, but I know that these are more expensive brands:

https://www.prevention.com/beauty/makeup/g22663367/best-foundation-for-acne-prone-skin/

Maybe looking for products which use/don't use certain chemicals would be helpful (if you have the time to read the ingredients!) This article gave some pretty solid advice about what to avoid:

https://www.insider.com/foundation-mistakes-acne-worse-2018-7
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
  • Options
    It's abso no worries at all @zaynab_5 ! I can't imagine how stressful it must be to make decisions about this when you just want it to work for your skin. I've heard great things about The Ordinary's foundation but it is not fab coverage and so that might not be the best if you're looking for stronger coverage. What type of vibe are you looking for? =)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
  • Options
    That is simply amazing @zaynab_5 !!! I am beyond thrilled to hear that you have found a foundation that works for you, this is actually amazing. I also hope you had a wonderful Eid and I am sure celebrating was made all the more fun when you could feel confident in yourself and relaxed about your acne being safer with this MAC foundation. I love how open you were to trying a new product too because everyone's skin is different <3 In terms of your acne, are you getting doctor's support with it? :)
  • Options
    edited July 2021
  • Options
    That is so wonderful @zaynab_5 !! I am so pleased to hear that you were feeling so comfortable in your own skin <3 I completely get what you mean about the GP and sometimes medical support is not the way for acne. Especially if the acne is caused by changing hormone levels and stuff like that :( Bless your heart though and at least we're beginning to find some things which are helpful to you =)
  • Options
    jxss_lxighjxss_lxigh Posts: 16 Settling in
    Hi @zaynab_5 it's great to hear you're finding products that work for you! :3

Just thought I'd send you a quick message as I've seen you use 'Simple' cream that's the brand that completely cleared my skin! It's great for sensitive skin, affordable and can be found in so many stores

I use all 'Simple' products and don't mix up any brands and found this worked incredibly for me :)

I'm unsure what specific products you like to use in your skincare routine(s) but if you'd like me to list which products I found work best for me just let me know! <3