Home Anything Goes
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

What unusual fact(s) do you know?

lovemimoonlovemimoon 🦋Posts: 2,310 Boards Champion
So @LorryTruck , @zaynab_5 and I were sharing unusual facts and we wanted to spread it to you guys! :joy:

So, fellow Mixlorians! What unusual facts do you know??

I recently learned that your poo (yes, you read that right) is connected to your mental health!

Here:
  • If you're suffering from runny and/or 'explosive' diarrhoea, it might be an indication of inflammation within your gut! Those inflammatory markers can be affecting your brain.
  • Diarrheoa: - there's a risk of nutrient malabsorption because your body might be struggling to absorb the nutrients from your food. Nutrient deficiencies are hugely linked to mental health problems like depression
  • "Poo-phoria" - occurs when your bowel movement stimulates the vagus nerve, which runs from your brainstem to your colon. This nerve can give you the chills and drop your heart rate and blood pressure enough to cause you to feel lightheaded and super-relaxed! Explaining why you might feel good after passing number 2! :joy:
Tagged:
LorryTruckZayAislingDM_Tech_Addict_Girl

Comments

• AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 848 Part of The Mix Family
    lool i love this thread and for real, those facts about poo are actually objectively very useful and important =) mine is - it's illegal to own just one guinea pig in Switzerland. It's considered animal abuse because they're social beings and get lonely.
    I'm a community moderator. I represent The Mix on the discussion boards and I'm here to help guide discussions, make sure everything is within guidelines, and take care of the housekeeping. I can't send or receive private messages, but you can message @TheMix or email [email protected] with any questions or concerns and the team will get back to you.

Community Guidelines | How to use the boards | How to report a post | How to report spam
    LorryTrucklovemimoon
  • ZayZay Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 3,182 Boards Guru
    edited June 2021
    Imma add to that :joy:

Pooping is a necessary bodily function that removes waste from the body and makes space in the digestive system. The act of pooping has both physiological and psychological effects that may feel pleasurable. There are psychological effects like the sensation or urge to poop may feel both physically and mentally uncomfortable. Since pooping eases this discomfort, it may make the person feel good. Pooping may feel good for a number of reasons. For example, passing stool involves the contraction and release of certain muscles, as well as the stimulation of certain nerves. Some of these nerves provide pleasurable feelings when activated.
    "You don't have to struggle in silence."
    LorryTrucklovemimoon
  • LorryTruckLorryTruck Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 2,394 Boards Champion
    edited June 2021
    I have something to add,

To support this claim, I have conducted an experiment with three participants. Out of three, all have agreed that when taking a shit, their mood has elevated. In conclusion, a shit a day keeps the depression away.

The dark is the only place I feel like I belong...
    lovemimoonZay
  • LorryTruckLorryTruck Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 2,394 Boards Champion
    Shitting makes people very happy and helps with some stomach aches.

• lovemimoonlovemimoon 🦋 Posts: 2,310 Boards Champion
    @LorryTruck

AMEEEEN :joy:
    LorryTruck
  • ZayZay Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 3,182 Boards Guru
    LorryTruck wrote: »
    Shitting makes people very happy and helps with some stomach aches.

AHAH AGREED
    "You don't have to struggle in silence."
    LorryTruck
    AislingDM wrote: »
    lool i love this thread and for real, those facts about poo are actually objectively very useful and important =) mine is - it's illegal to own just one guinea pig in Switzerland. It's considered animal abuse because they're social beings and get lonely.

WOW! I thought guinea pigs were territorial towards each other?? I heard they can be aggressive from time to time.
    I just wanted to add that if any of you want to know and more benefits from taking a shit, you can contact either myself, @zaynab_5 or @lovemimoon .
    lovemimoonZay
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 848 Part of The Mix Family
    I heard the same from my brother about hamsters and how they can acc hurt each other if they're in the same cage/play pen. It's just one of those random facts i learned from a book when I was young but maybe it's that hamsters and guinea pigs are really different or something?? not sure haha @lovemimoon
    I'm a community moderator. I represent The Mix on the discussion boards and I'm here to help guide discussions, make sure everything is within guidelines, and take care of the housekeeping. I can't send or receive private messages, but you can message @TheMix or email [email protected] with any questions or concerns and the team will get back to you.

Community Guidelines | How to use the boards | How to report a post | How to report spam
  • DancerDancer Bog Off Justine! Posts: 6,308 Master Poster
    People with ginger hair commonly need more anaesthetic than someone who does not have ginger hair.
    I'm a fruit loop. 🍊➰

There's a part of me I can't get back.  A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same.
    lovemimoon
    @Dancer Whoa! Why is that??