Home Work & Study It's Exam Time The Class of The Past
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Exam worry

lovenature773lovenature773 Posts: 57 Boards Initiate
edited May 2022 in The Class of The Past
So I have my first exams next Monday and Tuesday I’m really scared I’ll flunk but it feels like I’m too relaxed it hasn’t sunk in like everything else and I’m gonna go in that hall and burst into tears. I can’t focus on lessons most of the time and I feel like I just need to leave school as soon as I can but every days just a replay with different lessons . Doesn’t help that we have summer now so I sweat a bunch so I worry about my image and it just gets me really irritable
I fear not the dark
But what may lurk within
Post edited by TheMix on
Tagged:

Comments

• naominaomi Posts: 94 Budding Regular
    @lovenature773 I know how you feel. When I sat my Biology exams recently (in April and May) I felt not as stressed as I thought I would be and super relaxed and it didn't really sink in that I was sitting exams until I sat them. My advice for you would be if you're not able to focus in lessons write down what you were due to learn in lesson or ask someone to tell you and try learning it in your own time. This way you can be in an environment where you will be able to focus as much as you can. This weekend is an opportunity to revise what you don't know, there is no use going over what you know (maybe before the exam) because you already know it! Make a game plan that is realistic for you and maximise the amount of time you can revise. But I urge you to also remember not to spend all your time revising. It's not beneficial to cram because that quickly leads to burnout. Revise what you know you can revise, watch revision videos and make notes on the video either during or after you have watched it, these really helped me when I wasn't able to focus on a specific topic, and remember to take time out to have a break. I hope this helps, sorry for the information overload.
    I hope your exams go well and I'll be thinking of you!!! <3
  • lovenature773lovenature773 Posts: 57 Boards Initiate
    naomi wrote: »
    @lovenature773 I know how you feel. When I sat my Biology exams recently (in April and May) I felt not as stressed as I thought I would be and super relaxed and it didn't really sink in that I was sitting exams until I sat them. My advice for you would be if you're not able to focus in lessons write down what you were due to learn in lesson or ask someone to tell you and try learning it in your own time. This way you can be in an environment where you will be able to focus as much as you can. This weekend is an opportunity to revise what you don't know, there is no use going over what you know (maybe before the exam) because you already know it! Make a game plan that is realistic for you and maximise the amount of time you can revise. But I urge you to also remember not to spend all your time revising. It's not beneficial to cram because that quickly leads to burnout. Revise what you know you can revise, watch revision videos and make notes on the video either during or after you have watched it, these really helped me when I wasn't able to focus on a specific topic, and remember to take time out to have a break. I hope this helps, sorry for the information overload.
    I hope your exams go well and I'll be thinking of you!!! <3

Thanks! Ive done some revision flash cards and gone through all the lists I need to revise and done the ones I don’t know or just not sure of. Thank you so much <3 wish me luck for tomorrow!
    I fear not the dark
    But what may lurk within
  • maryam852maryam852 Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    @lovenature773 I completely get it! I have a biology, chemistry and physics exam! Sometimes it feels like the science teachers are plotting against me, not to mention that they are all close together! Just try to calm down and start small chunks of revision (10 minutes reviewing flashcards and testing yourself).
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
    the end result is just numbers on a page like life, nothing matters anymore
    Crazy mad insane
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    Hi all,

Sorry, I am late to this post. I hope the exams went well for you @lovenature773. Thanks for providing support and comforting responses @naomi and @maryam852. Your responses were wonderful to see. @ellie2000, you are right in that there is more to life than grades and that grades do not define us or our worth. However, things do matter. You are human and education helps you to unlock more opportunities through increased knowledge and skills. What are your passions? In an ideal world, without barriers, who would you like to become?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.