Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

I feel very overwhelmed

ella12345ella12345 Posts: 14 Settling in
feeling really overwhelmed atm. anyone got any advice? feel like so much is happening all at once and my head feels jammed. using this space as an outlet :#

Comments

• Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • natdsnatds Posts: 12 Settling in
    Hi @ella12345 I recently went through feeling really overwhelmed and here are some tips that helped me:
    - Make a weekly (or daily) list of small to big tasks that need to get done, start with a small task so even if you don't complete the big stuff straight away you'll still feel productive.
    - Remember to take things 24 hours at a time- this is where the daily list could come in handy so when you complete that list for the day you can relax.
    - Please remember to give yourself me time for at least 20 minutes a day! I try to relax before bed where I'd watch my favourite tv show, do a face mask, read a book etc.
    - Remember you won't get everything done in one day and that's okay! The biggest priority is your mental health so try not to put too much pressure on yourself and know your limits.

I hope this helps! Take care of yourself and don't forget to keep hydrated!!
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    It must be truly horrendous struggling in that way with such strong and intense emotions @ella12345 ! You really do deserve to find some relaxation and peace. Amazing tips from @zaynab_5 and @natds (which I will certainly be trying myself :)). Just thought I'd mention the 54321 grounding technique which can be really useful to create an atmosphere of calm when everything is too overwhelming. How are you feeling atm? <3

https://www.letss.org.au/index.php/individual-blog/the-54321-technique-grounding-exercise-for-panic-attacks

^ 54321 instructions x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • ella12345ella12345 Posts: 14 Settling in
    @AislingDM feeling much better now! hit the gym today and got a membership! hopefully that will now provide me a safe space to go when I'm feeling overwhelmed. thank you all @natds @zaynab_5 for all the support and advice <3
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    That's so awesome of you to put yourself out there like that @ella12345 ! truly cool - have u managed to go yet <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.