Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Friends? :)

m3gan04m3gan04 Posts: 28 Boards Initiate
Hey guys!

I literally have no friends lmao and everyone I meet online leaves after one day of conversation. Looking for some people to talk too regularly since having no social life probably isn't helping my mental health.

So here's a bit about myself...
I'm Megan, 17, she/her. I study psychology, sociology and Religious studies.
My favourite artists are machine gun kelly, christian gates, juice wrld etc.
I love debating philosophical questions, politics and human nature.
Anddd feel free to ask questions because im really bad at introducing myself ahah

Comments

• Options
    naominaomi Posts: 94 Budding Regular
    Hey @m3gan04. Welcome I am a newbie as well. I am glad you're here to find some people to talk to. It is always great to find a place or even a person to interact with.
    I studied psychology for A levels too and I found it so interesting though challenging. How are you finding it?
  • Options
    @naomi hey! It’s definitely content heavy which can be difficult at times, but overall I love the subject. It’s so interesting and I’ve already learnt a lot in just my first year
  • Options
    Yeah I found that it was a lot of content even in the first year :'( but overall learning about psychology and how people think or learn or even different explanations is super interesting for me which is why it was my favourite subject =). How has the sixth form experience been for you so far?
  • Options
    @naomi i chose to go to college instead of sixth form as I wanted a big change. I much prefer it and know I definitely made the right decision by doing so.

At secondary school I had a pretty bad experience so I just wanted a fresh start. New people, new environment, if you get what I mean. Now I’m finally able to be myself and not be constantly reminded of the past. And I love the subjects I’m studying so all is definitely improving!

How about you? You said you studied psychology for A levels too, as in past tense. What are you up too now?
  • Options
    @m3gan04 Ah I see, I went to a sixth form college which operated like a sixth form in terms of subjects but it had a college vibe e.g. we could leave when we were finished or come in at later times e.g. 1 pm for lesson. I get you, secondary school was not it, so I too decided to move on and I am so glad that you have found a place you can grow, away from all the negativity that was found with your secondary school experience.
    A benefit of A levels is that you choose what you want to do so it means you spend time studying what you care about.
    As for right now I am waiting to receive my A level results in August so right now I am on holiday!
  • Options
    @naomi ah I always forget it’s a sixth form college I attend and not just a normal college. My boyfriend stayed on at our secondary schools sixth form and it’s just so different that I just say college 😂

Ooo fun! Hope you enjoy your holiday. Wishing you the best of luck with your results! <3
  • Options
    @m3gan04, people at my school called it college too I guess because it's just a different vibe from a secondary school sixth form so yh I get you :) .
    Thank you so much! <3
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    Welcome!x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.