Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

No friends

WookieBoy39WookieBoy39 Posts: 92 Budding Regular
Hi it’s me again and I’m sorry if I’m a burden or annoying to everyone but at the moment I’m struggling with absolutely no friends, I feel like my life is one dark room and no light in sight

If anyone is able to be there for me and support me that will be great because I really don’t want my life right now 😭🥺💔💔💔

Comments

• Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    edited May 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    naominaomi Posts: 94 Budding Regular
    @WookieBoy39 you're absolutely not being a burden or being annoying never think that. I hear you and I am here for you if you want me there.
  • Options
    If you are really struggling it may be worthwhile to reach out to some organisations that can better help. Here are a few:
    Mental Health Crisis Line - 0800 330 8590

Shout Crisis Text Line - Text "SHOUT" to 85258 or "YM" if you're under 19

Samaritans

The mix is also a useful place to be and its great that you have come here. If you're comfortable continue coming here to talk to someone who can help.
  • Options
    ByronByron Posts: 1 Just got here
    If you need to talk just message me ( I’ve just joined so I’m not sure how to do so but I’ll try). I may not know how you feel but I’ve had a similar feeling for a while and it comes and goes but it depends on who you talk to and there’s loads of people on here that you can talk to too, you don’t need to feel like a burden because the people replying to you want to help, that’s why they replied.
  • Options
    WookieBoy39WookieBoy39 Posts: 92 Budding Regular
    @naomi yes please I do want you here
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    Hey :) here for you if need to chat <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Hey how are you feeling today?
  • Options
    sharellepatelsharellepatel Posts: 39 Boards Initiate
    Hey @WookieBoy39
    I'm so sorry you are feeling this way but the community is here for you if you need to have a chat!

This is a little quote that I think puts so much into perspective:
    "Keep everything lowkey and watch your life get better."

I think this quote emphasises the idea that sometimes you do not realise that you need time alone to really work on yourself in whatever ways you think will help you mentally. Can I also suggest reading the book Good Vibes Good Life by Vex King!

I know this is a minor contribution but I really hope it helps💕
    Sending Hugs and a Helping Hand x
  • Options
    Erulasse13Erulasse13 Posts: 8 Confirmed not a robot
    I know the feeling well. Friends were never my strong point and honestly still aren't. I have one 'real life' friend, but the rest of the people i would consider friends are online.
    I don't know you but my first piece of advice would be - figure out what type of friend you want, and also what type of friend you are.

For example: I am the type of friend who prefers to not message or talk every day, its too much for me. i'm the type of friend who will be quiet for a while but i'll always check in and i'm down for a good time but sometimes i'd rather not be around people. I'm not the type of friend to talk all the time or be much of a contributor to group chats.
    The type of friends i look for are people who accept and respect the type of friend i am, and don't expect me to be anything other than myself. I look for people with similar interests and values, who i can talk to about anything but we're good going lengths of time not really speaking too.

One thing i've learned is, if you go looking for the type of friends who don't really match up with the type of friend you are, it will always end in disappointment.
  • Options
    elpad_2002elpad_2002 Posts: 11 Settling in
    Hey @WookieBoy39 , I get how you must be feeling. I know it's hard to see it this way but you have hundreds of friends on here who would be more than happy to talk to you here or on private message. I know that this doesn't always entirely replace real life friends but, from experience, some of the truest friends who have been there for me when I have needed it have been online.

But I really like what @Erulasse13 said. I know it is difficult but maybe think about what your interests and hobbies are and how you can meet people with these same interests, it could make conversation a lot easier as you have some common ground. Perhaps, if you're comfortable doing so, maybe there's some clubs local to you that you may be interested in joining to meet some new people. How would you feel about this? Even if this isn't something that interests you, we're all here to have a chat with you to help you see some light.

Sending Hugs!