Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Waiting

Yam27Yam27 Posts: 12 Settling in
Waiting for Covid to pass but it keeps coming back, waiting to meet someone but the opportunities just never come around, or maybe they do but it just never seems like a comfortable enough situation to strike up a convo. When you alone like me, there is just a lot of waiting. I gotta do more with my life come one now

Comments

• Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    It sounds like waiting is a huge part of your life @Yam27. I know it can be really frustrating and uncomfortable to have to stand around not knowing 1) what's coming next 2) how to make good things happen. You're so very right that COVID is super draining in this way, though. Like we keep on thinking, maybe things will get better, only for more uncertainty and confusion to be thrust upon us all :( And I defo get what you mean about waiting to meet someone. It feels like you want life to progress in a natural way, including when meeting someone and so it's really hard to become comfortable enough to 'make something happen'. Despite how long waiting around must be for you, I can hear some optimism in your post for the future and trying to do 'more' which can only be a good thing <3

Is there anything in particular you think you might try?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Just wanted to check in and see how you're feeling atm @Yam27 ? always here if you need <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.