Home Articles
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Fly agaric mushrooms - The Mix

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited May 2021 in Articles
imageFly agaric mushrooms - The Mix

What do fly agaric mushrooms do? The Mix explains this legal high.

Read the full story here

Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• DanChristosDanChristos Posts: 1 Just got here
    Your opening paragraph is not true... "fly agaric mushrooms are actually pretty nasty and potentially lethal" the rest is the article gives absolutely no supporting evidence for the claim in the opening paragraph. Why spread misinformation? The hallucinogenic substance in this mushroom is water soluble, so just chop up the cap, boil it in water for at least 15 and this mushroom is actually A+ grade eating as a food. Honestly try it and you'll see what I mean, it's so yum. If you want, after you separate the mushroom from the water, reduce the remaining water and you can use it to dose yourself, it's not poison, it's medicine. But you know as with everything in life, be responsible and you'll be right! Be irresponsible and you'll suffer consequences. 😁
  • MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 611 Incredible Poster
    Thank you for your comment, @DanChristos

Reading the rest of the article, it states that it can sometimes be difficult to distinguish between a fly agaric mushroom and a potentially poisonous one (also belonging to the amanita mushroom family...of which there are over a few hundred types ) that could be fatal if ingested. There's also no guarantee that you'll get a good 'trip' either and you could become uncoordinated risking potentially serious injury as well.

The same information is also found on FRANK as well: https://www.talktofrank.com/drug/magic-mushrooms.

It's less about spreading misinformation and more about informing young people of the risks.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Maisy wrote: »
    Reading the rest of the article, it states that it can sometimes be difficult to distinguish between a fly agaric mushroom and a potentially poisonous one

The article above also says that they 'are known for their distinctive appearance'.
    And I would largely agree with that. It's pretty hard to confuse them with any other aminita.

Weekender Offender