Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

hi

Hello everyone, I am starstorm, I am a uni student, I have serious social anxiety and paranoia, I am very scared of people in general. I came to The Mix to see if I can meet some new people and just chat with someone. Does anyone feel like others are laughing/talking about them? Or does anyone have anxiety around people? Share if you want to. Hope everyone is having a good week.

Comments

• Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hey, welcome to the mix, I hope you feel comfortable here. I empathise with you for sure, I feel pretty anxious around people too, especially big groups. See you around hopefully, general chit chat is a good place to say hi. :)
  • doodles26doodles26 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Hey startstorm!!i can completely relate with you,the gutting feeling that everyone is looking At you and The feeling that they probably already hate you when uk they don’t even know you.its very exhausting and really takes away so many opportunities.i have been scared most of my life of everything and now I’m even scared of opening my mouth around new people,i feel like somebody won’t let me speak like holding me back,taking my voice away and my mind constantly saying things that are not true,yet I believe them :s
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Welcome! x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    edited March 2021
    A belated welcome, @starstorm! Love the username. :)

I can to relate to some of those feelings of social anxiety. There's also something you might have heard about called the spotlight effect, which is a common experience for young people. It's that feeling where you think everyone is paying a lot of attention to you and everything you do, when in reality people tend not to notice us more than we notice people ourselves.

Hope to see you around - this is a place of non-scary people!
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.