Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Relationship advice

awesomeminecraft6789awesomeminecraft6789 Deactivated Posts: 1,052 Wise Owl
Hey guys 

I was just wondering how do you know if a relationship is working? Because me and my gf were happy I think but I'm not sure how to tell if it's working because I have no experience in this kind of thing so I'm not sure I mean we haven't broken up that's one thing right? I really could use your guys help because I want it to work 

Sorry if that didn't make sense I just really want to know

Comments

• AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Hey :)

Good question, it's not easy to tell, and not like we've got a metre or test to let us know how things go! I think the main thing to ask yourself is whether you feel your girlfriend makes your life better in your opinion - do you feel happier? do you spend time together and enjoy yourselves? do you fight a lot?. Sometimes, taking stock and just checking in with ourselves can be really valuable :)

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • awesomeminecraft6789awesomeminecraft6789 Deactivated Posts: 1,052 Wise Owl
    @Azziman she does make me happy and my life better surprisingly we haven't actually had a fight recently it's just I'm scared I'm gonna end up doing to her what I did to my ex who won't leave me alone about me breaking up with her heck this was ages ago so we're talking January 2020 and she just won't stop I'm just scared and I really am struggling because after what happened with my ex I really didn't want a relationship and now I've got some one it's just insanely hard to keep on top of everything and I'm struggling with depression so it's even harder to think that we are together but I'll be sure to let let you know how things go!
  • airfryerairfryer Posts: 22 Boards Initiate
    so sorry to hear about what ur going through. but i think it’s not fair to compare your current girlfriend with your ex because they’re obviously different people. but i think you should try to talk to your girlfriend about it, have you tried that? let us know how it goes!!!
    @airfryer

Yeah your right i shouldn't compare but I'm just in a really confusing place right now and I really don't wanna lose this one you know what I mean I just don't know what to do this is why I posted this one to see if anyone has any advice on how to keep a relationship going and how to tell if it's working I just really need relationship advice
    @airfryer

Yeah your right i shouldn't compare but I'm just in a really confusing place right now and I really don't wanna lose this one you know what I mean I just don't know what to do this is why I posted this one to see if anyone has any advice on how to keep a relationship going and how to tell if it's working I just really need relationship advice
    i’m going through some relationship problems of my own. let’s talk!!
    @airfryer

Yeah I'd like that lets talk!
    can u send me a message ? 😂 idrk how to directly message someone here