Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

To The Mix Users

Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
To the mix users, 

I am writing this letter to thank you all - for being such an amazing community, for caring and for being awesome people. 

I stumbled across the mix as I aged out of Childline. At first I wasn't sure about it. It took me a while to get into it - I had months off at a time tbh I don't think I was ready to share a lot. 

The current group of people on here have honestly changed my life. You're all such caring people. 

I guess the big thanks goes to @Liam for getting me to come to chat - I really made a lot of amazing friends through chat that I wouldn't have on the boards. 

I'm not gonna turn this into a thank people individually but to whoever is reading this, just know you've changed my life in a positive way - how do I know that? Because you're here, reading my post. You're caring about me and what I say, even if you don't reply or know me. Being here is enough. You are enough. 

You are so caring, and kind, and brave. I don't know what I'd do without you. 

Since joining the mix I have discovered things about me that otherwise I wouldn't have. I have been able to talk about things that I otherwise wouldn't have. I am getting myself support - and I know I tried before, but I don't think I'd stick it through if I didn't have you all to support me. 

I know I've been a bit on and off with chats etc but I'm working on a lot for uni right now which has been stressful. 

I have applied for an extension (something I would never normally do) and hopefully that will be accepted. My symptoms of PTSD have been a lot to handle at times so I think I deserve a little extra time. Normally I'd not want to ask for help or look different but since coming here I've accepted that I am enough, I am who I am and I deserve support. 

Guys you've helped me with so much and I think it's my time to say goodbye. 

My anchor has secured me and it's time to set sail. 

(I'm just kidding)

But seriously though I wouldn't be where I am without you all and I'll be sticking around for a long time. 

Sincerely 
Anchor - here to stay. 
               (_)
                |
           ()---|---()
                |
                |
         __     |     __
        |\     /^\     /|
          '..-'   '-..'
            `-._ _.-`
                `