Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Hi, I'm Bri

BriChapmanBriChapman Posts: 1 Just got here
Hey, I'm Bri.
        I've been struggling with ptsd for a long time. I was actually diagnosed with it when I was 16, I've been to several different counselors from the time I was 14 up until now (I turn 19 next month), and I was put on medication for it when I was 17, but it caused a couple health issues and I ended up in the hospital from it so I had to stop taking it. I started feeling better mentally and emotionally so I stopped going to counseling as well because I had nothing to talk about and I felt fine. Well, lately I haven't been so fine. My ptsd is kicking my butt and I can't do face to face counseling right now because all the offices near me are shut down still. I just need help trying to combat or control my ptsd so I can focus and move forward with my life. I hate feeling like this all the time. 

Comments

• Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Hey Bri, welcome to the mix! :smiley:

Sounds like you’re going though a lot right now but It’s really positive that you’re looking to get support on here.

keep posting, we’re all here for you :heart:
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Hiya @BriChapman, welcome to the community <3 it's great to have you here. Sorry to hear what you're going through that sounds really really hard. I think you can still get telephone counselling, do you think that might work for you?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Hey! Good to see you joining the boards :) 

It is a tough time right now and it sounds like you're having a hard time, we're here for you and you're doing so well already by reaching out!

Like Elle said, phone counselling is a good idea. I also recommend checking out the group chats - the general chat, the support chat run every night then there's others on certain days - check out the schedule for them all <3
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Hey @BriChapman

Welcome! I am sorry you have to go through this!  As already suggested there are a few ways to seek help virtually. How do you feel about that?

does it help to know that you got to a better headspace when you felt similar before? <3
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Welcome!x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,287 Part of The Furniture
    Welcome to the community, @BriChapman. :) As others have said, it's a brave thing to look for support and it's awesome you found us. Hope you find what you need here.

If you'd like to have more of a dedicated conversation about your PTSD, head over to Health & Wellbeing where those discussions have more visibility and get more responses. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.