Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

During lockdown

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
edited December 2022 in Health & Wellbeing
During lockdown I haven't self harmed at all. I was wondering about how I do it and it's not a pleasant way, I self harm, acouple of times when I have had a bad day. Could I b doin damage to myself?

[self harm method removed by moderator]
Crazy mad insane
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    It's great to hear that lockdown has been helpful for you in the sense that you haven't self-harmed at all during it. What has helped you to not self harm?

I have edited your message to remove the method of self harm as this could be triggering for others. In terms of your question though, with any form of self harm, there are risks involved, and so we would always encourage checking this out with a doctor. They can take a look to see if there is any damage and can refer you on for help if there is. It can be difficult to talk to doctors about this, however the DocReady website can be really useful in making this easier.

In terms of other support for self harm, have you come across any of these organisations:
    • Self Injury support - a charity for women and girls impacted by self harm, they have some helpline services you can find more here: https://www.selfinjurysupport.org.uk/
    • SelfHarmUK - provide online support and resources to those who self harm

Well done on getting to this point in lockdown without self harming, that can take a huge amount of courage, strength and energy. Remember, we are always here to talk and listen if you need us <3
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,940 Community Veteran
    PS4 games, cats, I don't feel uncomfortable wen I'm near cats, directors r ratbags n wen u need ppl wen ur breaking down they r not about. W y do ppl leave who u fond of without notifying you? U pay for a service not for them to make ur life a misery 😠
    Crazy mad insane
    Living, even before lockdown is a hard thing to do 
    Crazy mad insane
  • chubbydumplingchubbydumpling Posts: 487 Listening Ear
    edited July 2020
    Hey @ellie2000

Well done again for staying safe during lockdown! I'm so happy to hear that you've found positive coping methods in your PS4 games and cats. I have two cats of my own who really help to brighten my day. What are you playing at the moment? 

It can be really hard to recognise and reflect on your self harm habits, especially during stressful times like these, so I just wanted to let you know how incredibly brave and strong that is. 

Stay strong <3 We're all here for you 
    I'm playing observer n soma. Sometimes I play wing commander or doom. I have two cats. Ziggy who is black and white I like tht one. And street cat bob like out the film.
    Crazy mad insane