Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,156 Boards Champion
    @Jellyelephant haha why not, do it tomorrow 😂

(spam blocked againnn😭😭😭😭🙄🙄🙄😂😂😂😂 cmon 😂three times already😂and only in the space of 15 minutes😂)
  • Options
    Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Millie2787 wrote: »
    It’s the fact one of our players got a yellow card for taking her shirt off after scoring a goal 🙈

I enjoyed the fact that she had to double check the goal was allowed, and then still went ahead with the celebration :lol:
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    Pahaha I just got spam blocked … key is don’t post 2 times within 30 seconds
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    @Millie2787 i think that im not but i type too quick 😂 and theres so much to sayXD
  • Options
    Chloe234 wrote: »
    I mean hella annoying 😂

Can definitely appreciate it being annoying, but also back in the day, we had a severe spam issue (i'm talking roughly 500 a day) so it's a necessary evil because our ban hammer was getting a bit worn out

thor-banned-ban-hammer.gif
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,958 Community Veteran
    The other night when I got spam blocked was hilarious. I was in general chat and on also on the boards. I got blocked and I was just sitting there like....😶‍🌫️
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,874 Extreme Poster
    Chloe234 wrote: »
    @Jellyelephant haha why not, do it tomorrow 😂

(spam blocked againnn😭😭😭😭🙄🙄🙄😂😂😂😂 cmon 😂three times already😂and only in the space of 15 minutes😂)

I completely agree with you and that is my plan. Tomorrow will be a productive day. I have therapy in the morning then I’ll do a food shop, laundry and clean up
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Options
    I move out my uni flat yesterday, 2 cars full of stuff to move back home 🙈

Also getting my nails done on Thursday … @Jellyelephant will understand it as “tell me your a student nurse on AL without telling me your a student nurse on AL”
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    should be tidying my flat but instead im watching a liam neeson film (its called non stop)

Any good? I feel like Liam Neeson has made a ton of films that are basically the same as Taken.

• Options
    edited July 2022
    @Ed_ 😲500 a day🤯😲woah thats crazy😲 haha ok maybe it is necessary altho its still anoying😂😂
  • Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,874 Extreme Poster
    Ed_ wrote: »
    should be tidying my flat but instead im watching a liam neeson film (its called non stop)

Any good? I feel like Liam Neeson has made a ton of films that are basically the same as Taken.

I think it’s good but I’m in a phase atm of watching disaster type films so he’s good for that. Him and Gerard butler lmao they both do similar type stuff!
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Options

( . ) ( . )
    <
    0 (my face the other night be like) :D
  • Options
    Oo the cruise is on yay, I love this show soo much
  • Options
    Did y’all know that the NMC (nursing and midwifery council ) now have a whole section on there website about support nurses and student nurses who are neurodiverse… so Autism , ADHD , dsyelxia , dyspraxia etc
  • Options
    @Millie2787 wow, that's really interesting, I think that's great that they are talking about neurodiversity more. It gives me so much hope for the future in a way, job wise.
  • Options
    Amy22 wrote: »
    Oo the cruise is on yay, I love this show soo much

I have no idea what this is!? What am I missing out on?

• Options
    @Ed_ itd a documentary about a cruise ship 🤣 just like how they run it day too dsy , keeping everyone entertained erc
  • Options
    @Millie2787 wow, that's really interesting, I think that's great that they are talking about neurodiversity more. It gives me so much hope for the future in a way, job wise.

Agree, this is really great to hear, and I wasn't aware of this @Millie2787 - It feels like some of those skills would probably be helpful to use with all people.

• Options
    @Ed_ Oh its soo good, its like a documentary thing on channel 5 about a cruise ship. Its really interesting as they show u the staff and what they do. They are currently doing a special effects thing for a show. Highly recommend this show :)
  • Options
    Ed_ wrote: »

I think it’s good but I’m in a phase atm of watching disaster type films so he’s good for that. Him and Gerard butler lmao they both do similar type stuff!

I mean I guess if you get offered millions to do the same job over and over, then I can see why people go down that route. I also imagine these types of films are quite fun to film as lots of stunts etc to watch or try to do yourself. It's why I think Hugh Grant in Paddington 2 is one of the most underrated performances, so so good in a role v different to his usual. The post credit scene is one of my happy places :lol:

• Options
    Lemme go find the link to the page @Amy22 @Ed_ …. Also give me chance to not get spammed blocked again 🤣🤣
  • Options
    I was spam blocked againnn😭😭😭😭😂
  • Options
    https://www.rcn.org.uk/Get-Help/Member-support-services/Peer-support-services/Neurodiversity-Guidance

Here is the link :)

@Jellyelephant not sure if you’ve seen this but they put mental health under it aswell and have a peer support network with other students
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    @Millie2787 Thank you so much for the link. Just looked at it and I'm amazed. I'm glad workplaces are recognising neurodiversity as I feel this is something that needs to be addressed more in society. Fingers crossed they do that for the film industry :)
  • Options
    Oh no @Chloe234
  • Options
    So either I am a slower typer than all of you, or my mod powers are saving me from the spam block :lol:
    @Ed_ Oh its soo good, its like a documentary thing on channel 5 about a cruise ship. Its really interesting as they show u the staff and what they do. They are currently doing a special effects thing for a show. Highly recommend this show :)

I feel like I am currently in a gap between series so perhaps will have to check this show out

• Options
    Below deck is a good series to watch … I love watching it . In the words of Pam from gavin and Stacey “It’s all the drama mick I just love it “
  • Options
    Awh go for it Ed, it's soo good. They even have vip guests on the cruise.
  • Options
    and again😂😭 im really not having any luck😂 haha i need to stop talking so much

@Ed_ i am so envious that you get special powers😂

when i go quiet its because of spam block😂
  • Options
    Mod powers lol 😂