Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Hello
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hey @GreenTea how are you?
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,630 Legendary Poster
    Hey @GreenTea and @Supernova how are you guys doing this evening?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    I just showered in the dark
  • Options
    Hey @independent_ had a bit of a rough day as the natural follow up to a rough few weeks so not the best. How about you?

@GreenTea I'm guessing you're not doing too great then? Either that or your power is out. You okay / wanna talk?
  • Options
    The light in my shower doesn't work. I've got pretty good at doing my hair in the dark. I just make sure everything is in the right places so I know what Im using
  • Options
    That must be annoying @GreenTea
  • Options
    Hello to the late night people o/
  • Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Yoo. Just woke up and I regret everything. Anyone else still up?
  • Options
  • Options
    Hey @Supernova
    What's up, dude?
  • Options
    PassionflowerPassionflower Posts: 123 The Mix Convert
    Hey, is anybody up? I usually don’t fall asleep until about 4am so I’m just dreading not being able to fall asleep until then. Although today, I went to sleep around 4am and woke up around 8am. I then crashed at 12pm and woke up at 5pm so I don’t know whether that will impact when I sleep tonight 😔
  • Options
    Hey @Passionflower

I'm trying to sleep but my mind is all racked up. So what's up??
  • Options
    @lovemimoon I’m sorry to hear that. Would you like to talk about what’s on your mind? I’ve had a horrible past few days and I’m feeling quite a bit of anxiety which doesn’t help but I’m trying to relax by listening to a sleep podcast. No luck yet though unfortunately
  • Options
    @Passionflower I'm just having friendship issues and I've been avoiding my phone, cos I'm afraid that I will work myself up to some kind of rage-induced anxiety attack? A rage attack?

I'm sorry to hear that as well! Do you want to talk about it? Let off steam? <3

Have you tried listening to nature sounds? Meditative techniques?
  • Options
    I don't know if this will help you guys but something that helps me sleep is going outside or lodging my head out the window and breathing the fresh air. If you go outside in the middle of the night where I live you might get stabbed 8 times then have your corpse robbed but you can just stick to your garden. Basically just fresh air helps me sleep, and it might help you too
  • Options
    @lovemimoon Ah that sounds like a really stressful thing to be dealing with 😔 Have you felt like this before? If so, have you found anything that helps you to cope with it? It sounds positive that you’re taking a step back from something that you feel is likely to trigger you though. I’ve tried listening to rain sounds before and that can sometimes help. The podcast that I’m listening to now is a guided meditation for sleep. In terms of talking about it, I think I’m okay at the moment but thank you for asking <3
  • Options
    I should not have laughed at that. :joy::sweat_smile: So you live that kind of area too, @Apollo?
  • Options
    @Passionflower I have, for a very long time but it's starting to take a toll on me physically. I go to the park for calm myself down but that seems to be the only thing working so far. Any tips?

Tell us how that podcast goes!
  • Options
    @lovemimoon oui
    @Passionflower does guided meditation work?
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Rough nights all around then I guess. I hear you about tryna stay off your phone @lovemimoon a big part of my recent anxiety has been to do with receiving bad news. Feeling like every email, text and phone call is coming to convey devastating news. It sucks.
  • Options
    @Supernova I'm sorry to hear that. :/ Have you been doing okay?

@Apollo Relate to your pain, g. Tbh, I still take a nightly stroll and it's kinda worth the risk. Sometimes.
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,630 Legendary Poster
    edited May 2021
    Aww sounds like a few people had a rough night, sending all the hugs <3
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,147 Part of The Furniture
    She has come on leaps and bounds . Little Dottie was terrified and is now enjoying lots of love and hugs with us
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Aww! @Millie2787 Glad Little Dottie's okay! How old is she?
  • Options
    Well her advert and the women said 2 years 3 months but her DOB in her passport works out only 1 year 9 months ! And it looks like the poor girl has had a litter too @lovemimoon
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    @Millie2787 Aww, poor little thing! Do you know what happened to her litter?
  • Options
    @lovemimoon not sure it seems her previous owners have bred her then ripped her away from her babies and got rid of her . She’s a cavalier King Charles so puppies go for 2k+ plus at a time
  • Options
    @Millie2787 2k+? I'm guessing that her previous owners were involved in something illegal?