Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    How are you both?
  • Options
    lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Hey @Supernova

I just woke up, but I'm anxious.
    How are you?
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Today has been long
  • Options
    Hey!

You went to work, right?
    How was it?
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Busy busy busy as always!
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,648 Legendary Poster
    @Supernova I’m shattered tbh. I’ve already had one nap lol. How are you?

@lovemimoon I can’t do all-nighters anymore (well, sometimes my brain doesn’t like sleeping but I can’t do an all nighter by choice) but was always a night owl staying up till about 2am until very recently. Idk if I like my new schedule but I’m no worse off for it
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    @independent_ That's fair! As fun as it is to be a night owl, there's only so much the brain can take. Your schedule sounds like a dream at this point. :joy:

@GreenTea - That's good to hear! :joy: What have you been up to?
  • Options
    @lovemimoon I liked being a night owl, the days didn’t feel so long lol.

Anything planned for the day?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Sorry to hear @lovemimoon I'm feeling similar still. Salix alba encapsulated it quite well in the other thread, just a perpetual feeling of wrongness. Up to much tonight or during the week?

@independent_ early night too then I imagine? I'm feeling pretty exhausted too tbh, having a period of low mood and anxiety for a few weeks has drained me. Looking forward to anything during the week?
  • Options
    @Supernova probably will try to sleep at a reasonable time but idk if the nap will have helped with that :joy:

I’m sorry to hear you’re been feeling low, I understand how draining it is. Probably plays a part in why I’m always tired lol.

I’ve not got much on this week tbh it’s gonna be really quiet. How about you?
  • Options
    @independent_ Apart from uni work? More uni work. :joy: What about you? What have you got planned?

@Supernova - Completely agree with you on Salix! That resonated with me. During the week, I need to pick up anti-depressants from my pharmacy - just started a trial.
  • Options
    @lovemimoon oh nooo!! I don’t miss studying one bit! It’s gonna be a very quiet week here, I need to find something to fill my time.
  • Options
    @independent_ You can do my uni work... It's a fun time-waster! :3:joy:
    So you completed uni??? If you don't mind me asking.
  • Options
    @lovemimoon that’s a generous offer but I couldn’t write an essay if my life depended on it :joy:

I actually never went to uni, I did a year at college but didn’t get a very good result because I was really struggling at the time. So I haven’t been in education for a while now, a part of me would love to go to uni but another knows I’m just not academic enough for it lol.

What are you studying?
  • Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    @independent_ academia is the worst, but you can do stuff at uni or college thats more practical, if you like anything like that
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    @independent_ I'm currently studying Illustration but I'm planning to go to college afterwards to focus on counselling.

I agree with @Apollo here. Plus, academia is in a serious need for reform.
  • Options
    @independent_ quiet week for me too, I guess that's part of the problems I've been having. Seems like I have to be permanently occupied with something in order to not think negatively :p

Remake of an old game I enjoyed is coming out later in the week though so, hopefully I'll be able to immerse myself in it enough to not think for a while. :)
  • Options
    @Supernova oooh cool what game?
  • Options
    @Apollo Mass effect legendary edition, its a remaster of the trilogy. :)
  • Options
    matthew2909matthew2909 Posts: 35 Boards Initiate
    just wondeering but who is or planning on joining the call things tonight
  • Options
    What call?
  • Options
    The group/support chats @lovemimoon -- they're on every Monday. Usually a bit too busy for me though
  • Options
    yeah it’s the group chats @lovemimoon it’s on every night between 8 and 9.30, and the general chat tends to be quieter than the support chat <3
  • Options
    Ahh! Thank you guys!
  • Options
    But hello everyone!
  • Options
  • Options
    @Apollo I'm not doing well. You?
  • Options
    Eh, I'm doing okay. I agreed to go out tommorow and I can't tell if that was maybe a little stupid. Last time I went out I felt horrible and anxious, but I mean I'd rather try to go out than not try, when the alternative is lying in my bed and doing nothing.

@lovemimoon why do you feel bad? Unless you'd rather not say
  • Options
    @Apollo - That's not stupid, that's a motive! What are you planning to do?

I just feel this despair. Well, I've felt it for a couple of weeks now but it intensified.
  • Options
    We're just gonna sit in the benches outside a pub, I always think our gang is very out of place in a pub but that makes it better. I hope you feel better soon @lovemimoon