Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    @matthew2909 You too, huh? How do you pass the time?
  • Options
    matthew2909matthew2909 Posts: 35 Boards Initiate
    lovemimoon wrote: »
    @matthew2909 You too, huh? How do you pass the time?

Yep it sucks doesn’t it and mainly on my phone and listening to music wbu
  • Options
    @matthew2909 TV shows and work. Normally it does the trick but I've been up until 6-7am lately.
    What kind of music do you listen to?
  • Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    You need to be a certain rank to send messages
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    What rank?
  • Options
    "Confirmed not a robot", for 5 comments or discussions
    You can press this button to send a message
    t5mrrr3754w9.png
  • Options
    Thank you!

Good to see you here, btw @Apollo :joy:
  • Options
    @matthew2909 TV shows and work. Normally it does the trick but I've been up until 6-7am lately.
    What kind of music do you listen to?

Aww what tv shows do you like and anything Disney lol wbu
  • Options
    You too @lovemimoon and my sleeping's been wack too recently, couldn't sleep until like 5:30 AM two nights ago and last night it was half 4 which I guess isn't terrible.
    I have nothing I need to wake up for but I absolutely hate when it gets light and I've not slept yet. I also really don't like waking up after 12 PM
  • Options
    @matthew2909 Weirdly enough... anything that's either plot deep or just good ol' fun.
    Shows like Breaking Bad, Orange Is The New Black, Power, etc. Or in this case, I'm currently watching RuPaul's Drag Race.

Disney! Haven't watched the Disney channel since... Year 8, Year 9? What's your favourite song??

@Apollo - I FEEL YOU. Why has your sleeping schedule gone whack??
  • Options
    Just couldn't sleep one night and the schedule hasn't recovered :​/

And I don't think this is necessarily directed at me but I have a few favourite songs
    Digital Love - Daft Punk
    Asymptotic - Louie Zong
    Something About Us - Daft Punk
    I also really like some songs from video game soundtracks. I don't know if you're familiar with any of those songs but if you are you'll have realised that I love cheesy stuff. Also two really really cheesy songs I enjoy are "In Between - atlas" and "just friends - potsu". Also also Kero Kero Bonito are a band that do really good cheesy stuff
  • Options
    @matthew2909 Weirdly enough... anything that's either plot deep or just good ol' fun.
    Shows like Breaking Bad, Orange Is The New Black, Power, etc. Or in this case, I'm currently watching RuPaul's Drag Race.

Disney! Haven't watched the Disney channel since... Year 8, Year 9? What's your favourite song??

@Apollo - I FEEL YOU. Why has your sleeping schedule gone whack??

Aww do you like the bill and aww same my 2 favourites are shrek toy story and lion king lol and hmmm oh I just can’t wait to be king lol wbu
  • Options
    I'm not sure if anyone is still awake buuut -
    @Apollo - I'm familiar with Daft Punk but it's adorable that you're into cheesy music. :joy: What type of video games do you like?

@matthew2909 - I haven't watched the Bill. What's that about?
    Shrek! And Toy Story! Are amazing!
    Have you seen Lion King, the musical?
  • Options
    @lovemimoon I like a lot of games, I like games with soft aesthetics like Spiritfarer and Celeste. Celeste also has an amazing soundtrack that has some of my favourite songs of all time in it. I also love the game Outer Wilds, its probably my favourite. What games and songs do you like?
  • Options
    @Apollo - I'm into a lot of games. Mostly MMORPGS but I like indie games as well. Black Desert is one of my favourite MMORPGs of all times. A lot of fighting games too - preferably games like Egyptian Tale (it's an old flash game but I had a blast playing it back then).

Songs... I'm into alternative R&B, neo-soul, a lot of laidback music. Buut I don't mind listening to the occasional pop there and then.
    What's your favourite video game soundtrack?
  • Options
    @lovemimoon Probably Celeste, but Undertale has a good soundtrack too. Its insane how emotive Undertale music is despite being 8 bit. The Celeste soundtrack has a great song called Ressurections, but its nine minutes long. There's also a collection of "B sides" which are shorter and usually more intense remixes from other musicians that made it into the games extra levels, those are really good.
    Do you have any favourite soundtracks?
  • Options
    @Apollo - Any soundtracks like Streets of Rage 4 is an :kissing_wink: for me.
    Buuuut. I'm also a huge fan of Cuphead's soundtrack. That might be obvious but the music is so lively, so full of life, it's amazing.

I've always thought of soundtracks as 'background music' or an accessory to the game. So this discussion about video game soundtracks is really enlightening! If you have the time and energy, what got you so interested in soundtracks?
  • Options
    Ooh Cuphead has an amazing soundtrack @lovemimoon Floral Fury is iconic, Railroad Wrath is also amazing and I can play Inkwell Hell on keyboard.

I don't really know what got me interested in soundtracks but recently I bought Ori and the Blind Forest and before I'd even played I Googled if it had a good soundtrack, so I definelty am interested in them. They make up a huge part of how a game feels. In Outer Wilds the music is linked to the characters and it's an important part of them game and in the Zelda games adventuring wouldn't feel nearly as adventury without the bangers.

Soundtracks are also great music to put on while you're doing something else, because that's what they were designed for in a way. They usually don't have lyrics and are designed to be played for a long time without getting annoying.

Another soundtrack I love that I forgot to mention though was Super Mario Odyssey, it's really good
  • Options
    @Apollo - AAAAAAH! I had a feeling you might have been into music like that! AAARGH :joy: (It's a good ah, don't worry) :joy::joy: How good are you at the keyboard then? I'm guessing you have a really keen ear for music. What's your opinion on anime soundtracks?

Looking back at it now, that is so true!
    Some soundtracks are so iconic, you can instantly recognize where it comes from.

Super Mario Odyssey is iconic (purely because my sister had the soundtrack on repeat) but goodness that was a huge bop.
  • Options
    @lovemimoon I'm not amazing at keyboard, I only know a few songs. And when it comes to anime soundtracks I don't really know cause I've not watched any in like six years. I only know a few but I like Cats On Mars, Komm Susser Tod and A Cruel Angel's Thesis. Basically everything I know about anime has just been from references I see on the Internet or stuff my friends have seen.
  • Options
    @Apollo Six years?? That's a long time.
    What got you interested in playing keyboard?
  • Options
    I dunno honestly
  • Options
    :joy:

What are you up to at this time?
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Morning guys
  • Options
    Morning ^^
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hi @lovemimoon

Up late or up early? :)
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    6 hours sleep and I've got a busy day at work. Urghh fuck sake
  • Options
    @Supernova Up late, unfortunately.

@GreenTea Good luck, today :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,647 Legendary Poster
    @lovemimoon you’re up very, very late aren’t you :joy: I did an all nighter once or twice lol
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    @independent_ Deffo! :joy:
    All nighters are my new jam.