Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    What’s Lidos @Shaun? It’s the name of a few restaurants near me so my first thought was that but I’m guessing it’s a gym or something :joy:

It's just a public swimming pool that's outdoors
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    I'm okay, feel better this morning than I did yesterday. Still sleepy though, didn't sleep too well, certainly not 11 hours aha.

Anyone have any interesting plans for the day?
  • Options
    Supernova wrote: »
    I'm okay, feel better this morning than I did yesterday. Still sleepy though, didn't sleep too well, certainly not 11 hours aha.

Anyone have any interesting plans for the day?

I'm just chilling today. Doing a work out this afternoon at some point. You?
  • Options
    Got my weekly D&D session with my friends from sixth form which is always nice. Honestly the highlight of my week in lockdown times :p

Nice, hope you enjoy your workout :D
  • Options
    Sounds good!
  • Options
    I really want to try dragon fruit but can't find it
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,852 Master Poster
    It's my birthday today! :)
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    I thought that @independent_ but I googled it and it’s an outdoor pool 🤣
  • Options
    Gonna have to go on a mission to find me some dragon fruit 🙈 watch me not like it lol
  • Options
    Always been kinda curious about dragonfruit @GreenTea . I think I’d like to try it
  • Options
    Happy birthday @Dancer
  • Options
    Liam wrote: »
    Always been kinda curious about dragonfruit @GreenTea . I think I’d like to try it

Same, they look really cool. If I find one and try it, I'll let you know!
    They are really good for you from what I've read!

• Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Dancer wrote: »
    I wonder if I will get a happy birthday thread tomorrow or at least some messages.

Pssssssp happy birthday 🎉💐🎂🎈
  • Options
    Cut up some kiwi for lunch (with some other stuff) and it's sour. I'm gutted :( just wanted a nice fresh fruit salad
  • Options
    Supernova wrote: »
    Happy birthday @Dancer

Thank you. :)
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    Dancer wrote: »
    I wonder if I will get a happy birthday thread tomorrow or at least some messages.

Pssssssp happy birthday 🎉💐🎂🎈

Thank you. :)
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Liam wrote: »
    Always been kinda curious about dragonfruit GreenTea . I think I’d like to try it

Sameee!
  • Options
    Let me know where you found it too @GreenTea like if it’s a big supermarket I’d know of 🤣 . I love fruit. Pineapple is da best
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    I had some pineapple yesterday! Was really good haha. @Liam
    I tried persimmon fruit recently and that was really nice.
    Grapes and kiwi is my thing at the moment. Super yummy!!

Have you tried any different fruits?
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,649 Legendary Poster
    Theres no chips in this house :( shame I was looking forward to nuggets and chips lol damn
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Ohhh grapes 😍 my mam freezes them for her wine but I always take them out the freezer and cronch on them🤣

I’ve not tried any funky fruits. I’ve always been curious about durian, apparently it smells 🤣
  • Options
    Theres no chips in this house :( shame I was looking forward to nuggets and chips lol damn

Ah that sucks. Extra nuggets?
  • Options
    it's ok I found some potato waffles lol, similar right :joy:
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    I've just found a website where you can buy exotic fruit fruit and trust pilot checked it and it's legit. Omg
  • Options
    decided to do turkey twizzlers instead of nuggets..they were vile, never again so I'm now cooking nuggets anyway, how wrong can one day go !!
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,533 Skive's The Limit
    edited March 2021
    Happy birthday @Dancer ! 🥳 l 🎉
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,533 Skive's The Limit
    @independent_ they’re an outdoor swimming pool
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    Happy Birthday! @Dancer
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,155 Part of The Furniture
    Happy birthday Dancer
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,155 Part of The Furniture
    Legit only went to maccies to pick up an order and oh my days my heart was racing and I felt so wobbly

Slept since I got back
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.