Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,565 Skive's The Limit
    It might be a hidden sale i don’t know. But all I did was pay for the items in the basket. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Eleanor said:
    @GreenTea Good morning 😊

How are you
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    It might be a hidden sale i don’t know. But all I did was pay for the items in the basket. 

But you've still noticed it isn't correct but continued.. 
    I kinda hope new look pick up on it.
    It's not easy times for any businesses at the moment
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Ahh someone’s jealous. Lol I’m joking 😂. But how can I help myself. 😂. I’m struggling financially too. Sometimes I’m selfish but ya know can’t help a bargin.  Ahah
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    @GreenTea I'm good thank you! How are you? I'm feeling productive so I'm going to catch up on all my uni work :)
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    Ahh someone’s jealous. Lol I’m joking 😂. But how can I help myself. 😂. I’m struggling financially too. Sometimes I’m selfish but ya know can’t help a bargin.  Ahah

No I'm not jealous..that was kinda rude of you to say.. In my view what you have done is wrong but I guess that's how I've been raised
  • Options
    I was just joking lol haha. But it literally looks like a discount/sale. So it’s not Fraud lol. Just a bit fed up that you only speak to me when you have nothing negative to say to me/ about me
  • Options
    Eleanor said:
    @GreenTea I'm good thank you! How are you? I'm feeling productive so I'm going to catch up on all my uni work :)

Feeling frustrated and tired today. But it's Friday so I guess that matters.

Hope you can catch up on work stuff
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    I was just joking lol haha. But it literally looks like a discount/sale. So it’s not Fraud lol. Just a bit fed up that you only speak to me when you have nothing negative to say to me/ about me

No I don't. Look back through the thread. I'm calling you out because you are taking advantage of struggling businesses. 
  • Options
    Feel like my knee is just gonna ping out today. I can feel something isn't right and in tons of pain
  • Options
    I think 80% of people would do it. Who doesn’t love a bargin. I Can’t afford £29 for one pair of jeans that they sell and load of other shops 
  • Options
    They will defo notice it tho. What they do with that idc. Cancel it or not. But I don’t have much self control.😂 who wouldnt buy decent clothes for that price
  • Options
    I think they have noticed ahh sorry guys you’re too late

• Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,160 Part of The Furniture
    Might be starting driving lessons soon eeek 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Shaunie said:
    Do you always wear your own clothes if the shop is shut @Dandelion ? Sorry ah just overthinking
    Yeah we always do @Shaunie
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options

Do it!
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Sameeeee
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    @independent_ I've had a whole bunch of employability work shops, career fairs, and Yesturday my St John's Ambulance virtual lesson so I'm zonked lol

Have you discovered any new music or done anything nice for yourself recently? 
  • Options
    Imm excited just waiting for the lady to get back to be with a time , I’m going to learn automatic 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,678 Legendary Poster
    Good morning everyone!! How are you all?

@GreenTea I hope your knee is ok. 

@Millie2787 ooooh that’s exciting!!!! 

@Salix_alba_2019 sounds like a fun week! Not really recently there are times when I find loads of new music and times when I find almost none lol 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    I’m tiredddddd
  • Options
    sameee @Millie2787
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    I tried to make sausage rolls, everything went well until they burnt .. thats what i get for taking @Eleanor 's advice re baking trays :lol: ... or maybe it was because i threw them on at max temperature for a speedy cooking time because im hungry lol
  • Options
    @laim you cannot blame me for this one! I told you to put them on a baking tray and I did not say yo use max heat! 🤣
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    Oh @Liam 😂 I’m going to come and wrap you in bubble wrap 
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    edited October 2020
    @Eleanor true.. it’s the papers fault !

If anyone ever uses pre rolled puff pastry, make sure you don’t put the paper they give you in the oven because it sets on fire :lol:

jokes, it’s my fault. Shame, it was going so well too hahah

Think I need it @Millie2787 :lol:
  • Options
    It definitely has more to do with the heat than the paper unfortunately @Liam :lol: 
  • Options
    @independent_ I agree - You cant throw in 'heat proof paper' and expect it to survive a cremation...
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    @Eleanor exactly .. exactly!! 

To be fair, Liam is not alone. My sister does this sort of stuff regularly.