Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I think so? 
    I normally watch Facebook and YouTube clips
  • Options

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,660 Legendary Poster
    OH MY GOD IT'S SOOOOOO HOTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!! 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    GreenTea said:
    Starlight said:
    @GreenTea my dance teacher does Zumba classes, think I’ve joined once or twice, she’s been doing free Zumba lives on Facebook a few times a week aha. She also does this thing called clubersize it’s kinda like Zumba but the lights are off and there’s disco light aha done that a few times aha

They do that at the place where my other job is. I sometimes watch and just think... "No"
    It’s actually quite fun, she’s has glow sticks that flash for everyone aha, used to have to walk round the back of the main studio from the small studio to the changing rooms after RAD (ballet) when we did late classes aha it can be funny to watch aswell aha
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,545 Skive's The Limit
    edited September 2023
    I saw google box people in tescos lol. I think they knew i was staring at them
    Post edited by JustV on
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    OH MY GOD IT'S SOOOOOO HOTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!! 
    Yep. My fan is doing very little
  • Options
    Starlight said:
    GreenTea said:
    Starlight said:
    @GreenTea my dance teacher does Zumba classes, think I’ve joined once or twice, she’s been doing free Zumba lives on Facebook a few times a week aha. She also does this thing called clubersize it’s kinda like Zumba but the lights are off and there’s disco light aha done that a few times aha

They do that at the place where my other job is. I sometimes watch and just think... "No"
    It’s actually quite fun, she’s has glow sticks that flash for everyone aha, used to have to walk round the back of the main studio from the small studio to the changing rooms after RAD (ballet) when we did late classes aha it can be funny to watch aswell aha
    Ahh cool
  • Options
    Who’s excited for general chat quiz tomorrow!?

• Options
    Starlight said:

🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Options
    Starlight said:
    What general quiz?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    @Starlight meeeeee!! It's gonna be great!

@GreenTea yeah my fan is just blowing out warm air. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    I posted on elefriends earlier and had so many lovely kind responses..it actually made me cry. Brilliant support service tbh 💕
  • Options
    @independent_ mines like coldish air. 
  • Options
    Wait forgot you two don’t go in general chat aha basically Aidan does his fun Fridays and we’ve started doing a quiz thing, a question every 15 mins. I’m doing the questions tomorrow aha

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Elefriends isn't the best tbh it reminds me of social media. IM so glad i have support chat   But good it helps
  • Options
    @GreenTea aww that's great to hear, I've heard mixed reviews about that service it's lovely to hear your positive story <3 
  • Options
    Starlight said:
    Wait forgot you two don’t go in general chat aha basically Aidan does his fun Fridays and we’ve started doing a quiz thing, a question every 15 mins. I’m doing the questions tomorrow aha
    Ohhh ah. Have fun!
  • Options
    Yay!! @independent_ just need one more question now and I’m all set aha

• Options
    Elefriends is brilliant. Follow the rules. Support others. Made some wonderful friends and lots of peer to peer support. Really really brilliant service👌👌 same with beat recently. Had the mods checking in and just nice to chat. 
  • Options
    Aha GC crew!!! @Starlight!

I'm rubbish at quizzes but they're still fun!
  • Options
    Ahh that's cool @Starlight have fun hosting questions!!!
  • Options
    @GreenTea aww that's great to hear, I've heard mixed reviews about that service it's lovely to hear your positive story <3 

It's really good. You just have to follow the rules and it's fine ahaha.
  • Options
    I still speak to one of the friends i made on elefriends Shes soo soo lovely. But yeah double my age but still lovely
  • Options
    Elefriends don't treat everyone the same. Same with beat. I don't like speaking about them. It's triggering for me but yeah
  • Options
    Aha GC crew!!! @Starlight!

I'm rubbish at quizzes but they're still fun!
    Whoop whoop!!! GC crew ahaha, can’t believe I used to only go in SC aha, well the tables turn aha

• Options
    They do treat everyone the same :) if you break the rules then they follow protocol. Everyone is treated fairly and the same :)
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    GreenTea said:
    They do treat everyone the same :) if you break the rules then they follow protocol. Everyone is treated fairly and the same :)
    Must of been one of the lucky ones
  • Options
    I think the thing with support services is that something that might suit one person might not suit another @Shaunie, I know I've found some in the past and haven't stuck around because they didn't suit me aha. Everyone's so different. 
  • Options
    Nope. They are kind and good services and they listen to users. They treat everyone the same. Breaking rules gets consuqunces as they would anywhere you go :)
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Yeah so true @independent_
    The Mix is so so much better compared to them. Like they treat everyone actually the same.but different expierence give different vie