Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    edited June 2020
    I'm going to head off for a bit to play the piano but I will be back soon! 
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I don't even know what Pilates is.. it all just looks the same to me
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,648 Legendary Poster
    @Eleanor OOOO! You play the piano? That’s so cool! I used to pretend I could play the piano.

@GreenTea Pilates is basically yoga but a bit more like exercise than yoga. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Ever seen Yoga with animals? That's my life long goal. Get a dog and do yoga with jt
  • Options
    @Aidan hahaha! That pun😂😂
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    @GreenTea ooh that sounds cute! My dog has too much energy for yoga.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,525 Skive's The Limit
    edited June 2020
    Why does this thread need to say who posted it?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Aidan said:
    Oh okay thanks everyone will totally unbookmark this I've already got like 10 notifications :joy:

Eleanor you should have said you'll be Bach soon, but maybe the puns are too hard to Handel?

This be why I'm no longer the original poster. I had way to many Notifications 😂😂😂
  • Options
    @Shaunie because it's originally my post but the mix stepped in to help me out with the notification issue and they wanted to credit me as the original poster 
  • Options
    @Shaunie I think it’s because @Connor is now the OP to stop the notifications. 
  • Options
    This has been the best and most appreciated distraction I could of been offered.
    Thank you. 
  • Options
    All the celebrities on celebrity dinner date aren’t people I would recognise if they turned up at my house lol
  • Options
    Oh lol for a minute (until i realised it was this thread) i thought it was a general covo about teas and greentea😂. Dk what OP Is
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    OP = original poster
  • Options
    It has indeed been a great distraction and entertainment throughout this weekend :)
  • Options
    It has!

Trying to decide what to do this evening..hmm
  • Options
    @Aidan have you seen the tiktok account where they literally play pranks on their teachers in zoom? 
    It's so funny
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,835 Master Poster
    Earlier at school I decided to watch a video on YouTube of one of the teachers doing the harlem shake with some other girls in her dance class. It was quite funny to watch. Tried to do it but then a teacher told me to sit down.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    @Aidan and now in traditional GC style my internet has crashed! 
  • Options
    GC for the win!
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    @Aidan
    https://vm.tiktok.com/J14yQ9r/ and view his channel lol
  • Options
    Kasa2103 said:
    Earlier at school I decided to watch a video on YouTube of one of the teachers doing the harlem shake with some other girls in her dance class. It was quite funny to watch. Tried to do it but then a teacher told me to sit down.
    Ha i remember the harlem shake!
  • Options
    Think I might bake a cake for work tomorrow
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,835 Master Poster
    Shaunie said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    Ha i remember the harlem shake!
    My teacher barely looks any different even 6 years later. I didn't even know that she did GCSE Dance until I watched the video. A couple of months ago I discovered she was in the same Science class as one of the maths teachers.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
  • Options
    I'm Bach! 

@Aidan was that good enough?
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    @GreenTea the cake is a lovely idea! What kind are you making?
  • Options
    @GreenTea the cake is a lovely idea! What kind are you making?

Triple chocolate cake maybe..
  • Options
    @GreenTea oh my god I’m jealous!!!!! 
  • Options
    Im so bad at baking I would make a triple chocolate mess 
    Alis propriis volat