Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

--TW-- I'M NOT OK!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    @MountainPeak I'm just so fed up :( just want something to help me feel better
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    @GreenTea How about a distraction? Have you got anything you could do?
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    @GreenTea How about a distraction? Have you got anything you could do?

Keep trying distractions but I'm running out or just losing motivation with them. I've tried films, colouring, origami, going for walks (however where I live is just so many bridges and I don't feel like those are a good idea right now)
  • Options
    @GreenTea I'm glad that you're keeping yourself safe <3 Coming on here was a great thing to do, especially talking about how you're feeling. We could just chat on here if you would like to whether it be about what you're facing now or something completely different to distract yourself <3

Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    I don't know what I want or need :( I'm so fixated on how much I'm a burden and how I feel so selfish for being here 
  • Options
    @GreenTea It's not at all selfish to be here, everyone deserves support and you're not an exception to that. You're not a burden either! I'm here choosing to talk with you because I care about you and I want to do all that I can to help with your situation <3 Can you talk back to that negative voice telling you that you are a burden and selfish?
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    I am a burden. I am selfish. I'm just a horrible person for taking up a place someone better than me needs. I'm a waste of space
  • Options
    @GreenTea You're none of those things to me. Remember when you gave up some of your time in circle to continue talking to me? That was the most selfless thing you're could have done. You deserve to take up as much space as you need, everybody is equally entitled to that and no one is 'better' than you. We live in this world together and it wouldn't be the same if the space you occupy was gone <3
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    Thank you 
    I just constantly get told I'm a burden and I'm selfish for struggling when people are dying without a choice. I'm selfish for struggling with my mental health when the world's physical health has gone to shit 😞
  • Options
    @GreenTea It's not selfish. The two things can exist together and that's a fact. There's no rule saying that you can only struggle with mental health when there or no physical health problems because they can both happen at the same time. If anything, I believe that the pandemic has meant that many peoples' mental health struggles have increased. 

And who ever is telling you that you're a burden, don't take that on board. Choose what you believe carefully! 
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    Just want my brain to stop.
    It doesn't help that more people are telling me I'm selfish, than people telling me I'm not :(
  • Options
    @GreenTea It doesn't matter what others believe, only what you believe and I think it may be good to alter the belief that you are selfish. Perhaps you could write a list of reasons why you're not selfish or selfless things that you have done?
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    I haven't done anything though. I haven't been supportive for ages.
  • Options
    @GreenTea It doesn't matter when, you deserve to take time for yourself too <3
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    ThePigeonsThePigeons Posts: 199 Trailblazer
    @GreenTea it's very understandable that you feel you're not been supportive (you were supportive to alot of us). If you're struggling yourself you often don't have the capacity to help with the stuggles of others. If you're capacity is full every little thing can be too much, even as simple as dropping a pencil. Do you have some time for yourself, to just breathe? What I found helpful was to take things slow, simplify my life. I only do 2 tasks per day, and if that doesn't work that's okay too. Be kind to yourself.
    ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪɴᴅ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ᴋᴇʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴇᴛs ʏᴏᴜ ғʀᴇᴇ
  • Options
    I feel like I'm ruining everything.
    I don't feel able to do any tasks
  • Options
    AriannaArianna Posts: 77 Budding Regular
    Hey @GreenTea . I'm around too if you need. Sending you love and hugs and so much strength my dear. You will survive this. I'm sorry you're having such a tough time. But I promise you deserve so much better than you think you do. You deserve to feel better than this. You deserve support with feeling better. You deserve love and care and safety.

Maybe it's easier to think of things not in terms of what you, your mind, deserve, but in terms of what your body needs. Your body needs food and water. And your body needs sleep. Those can be the only goals for today. Can you do that? Because it's what your body needs? Can you do that for us? Go have a glass of water and maybe some toast, or cereal, or fruit? And then go to bed?

Take care of yourself my dear. We're all here when you need.x
  • Options
    ThePigeonsThePigeons Posts: 199 Trailblazer
    That's okay too. You don't have to do anything if you can't. With the tasks I also meant something more like what Adrianna said. Sometimes its hard to do the basics. A task could be getting out of bed, drink water, brush your hair or even going to the toilet.

Why do you feel like you're ruining everything? For who?
    ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪɴᴅ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ᴋᴇʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴇᴛs ʏᴏᴜ ғʀᴇᴇ
  • Options
    Just feel like whatever I do or where ever I go, something goes wrong and it's my fault. 

I have no motivation for anything. I just want to cry and hurt myself
  • Options
    Nothing right now is your fault. And you don't have to think about anything today other than doing some simple things to look after yourself. You're allowed to do that. Look after yourself for today. Everything else can wait.x
  • Options
    I have no reason to look after myself. I don't deserve to be kind to my
  • Options
    Okay, so can we reframe and do the things because you need them, rather than whether or not you deserve them? And can you look after yourself because we care about you and we’re asking you to?x
  • Options
    Just sat in tears feeling selfish for wanting support. 
  • Options
    Sigh :( I feel like a burden where ever I go and that people don't want to communicate with me :(

Thank you everyone who commented on this post. I do appreciate it
  • Options
    JordanJordan Moderator Posts: 343 The Mix Regular
    You shouldn't feel selfish for wanting support @GreenTea. We all need supported sometimes and it is okay to reach out and ask others for help.

What makes you think people don't want to communicate with you? How are you feeling right now?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    I just want to cry. 
  • Options
    I am selfish ofr wanting support
  • Options
    Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    Hey there @GreenTea You definitely aren't selfish for wanting support, that makes you human and here at The Mix we are here to support you !  :)

Do you want to talk more about what's going on for you? and why you feel like you want to cry?  <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    I just feel so useless and exhausted
  • Options
    Jade09Jade09 Moderator Posts: 660 Incredible Poster
    Hello again @GreenTeaYou are doing really well!

Do you want to talk more about why you feel that you are useless?  <3 and its understandable that you may feel exhausted, do you feel its physical or mental exhaustion or both?

It's completely valid to feel this way, and its sometimes our bodies way of telling us to slow down a bit, is there anything you can do to try to relax a little tonight, have you got a favourite TV show or do you enjoy crafts, or meditation?  :)