Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How's your Saturday going?

Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster

It's a sunny Saturday, but we're all stuck indoors, so what better way to pass time than having a chat on here! So, what are you up to today, and what have you got planned for your weekend? Big or small, let's get through this together :3
FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Today not much but tomorrow my housemate and I are going to tidy the garden, pull the weeds, plant some new flowers etc
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,515 Skive's The Limit
    edited April 2020
    IM re arranging my room. Just for that tiny bit of different seanary.  Sounded good but it's taken me forever to move it. And then I forgot when i painted my room i went round all my cupboards and bed😂 so I've been painting too. I think I prefer the lay out though. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    GreenTea said:
    Today not much but tomorrow my housemate and I are going to tidy the garden, pull the weeds, plant some new flowers etc
    It's amazing how many jobs like this are getting done because of the lockdown, at least for me that is :lol:

I have been meaning to dig a veg patch for 5 years, and finally did it last weekend!

What are you planting? Is definitely a good plan to have some outside time where possible :+1:

I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• Options
    Shaunie said:
    IM re arranging my room. Just for that tiny bit of different seanary.  Sounded good but it's taken me forever to move it. And then I forgot when i painted my room i went round all my cupboards and bed😂 so I've been painting too. I think I prefer the lay out though. 
    Ah cool :3 I know what you mean about the difference it can make to move things around, I used to do this regularly when I was at uni. Just make sure you don't make the rookie mistake that I did, and block the door with a big cupboard and then realise that you had to be in a lecture in 10 minutes. My room was small, so it was like a game of tetris. Took me a good hour to get out of the room, so safe to say I missed the lecture.

What colour did you go with for your room? It sounds like you ended up with your room like this when you first painted it :lol:

• Options
    @Ed_

Got some sunflowers that need to be put in new pots. Some herbs, got to sort out the tomatoes, courgette and green bean plants. Gonna pull up weeds, jet wash the patio, paint the fence, sort out the shed

Oh and plant my Christmas tree because it's growing and it's current pot is too small
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,515 Skive's The Limit
    edited April 2020
    Lol😂 I might as well of done that lol! 

It's just white aTm cause been meaning to change my bed around to see what wall i like the bed to lean on it but i prefer this way now so when all this stuff is over im painting my bed wall this way. And getting a new dressint table because the handles are horrible and they have been here since moved here (supposedly fitted)

This is the before and the two after is it now. I like it a lot because cause like my bed isnt so close to he door and dont like it when people leave my door wide open and just see my family walking past all the time.  

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    ThePigeonsThePigeons Posts: 199 Trailblazer
    I'm gonna work for a bit, maybe clean my room
    ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪɴᴅ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ᴋᴇʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴇᴛs ʏᴏᴜ ғʀᴇᴇ
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Jus finished playing some badminton in the garden, now I’m making some soup for lunch 
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I'm actually doing some coursework and try and get some fresh air in garden later. 

My routine has gone down the toilet in terms of not getting out of pjs, sleeping at 2 am, and not getting any air. got windows wide open right now for some air :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    @Ed_

Got some sunflowers that need to be put in new pots. Some herbs, got to sort out the tomatoes, courgette and green bean plants. Gonna pull up weeds, jet wash the patio, paint the fence, sort out the shed

Oh and plant my Christmas tree because it's growing and it's current pot is too small
    Wow, that sounds impressively productive for a weekend of gardening! How big is the Christmas tree? Are they easy to keep throughout the year?

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Shaunie said:
    Lol😂 I might as well of done that lol! 

It's just white aTm cause been meaning to change my bed around to see what wall i like the bed to lean on it but i prefer this way now so when all this stuff is over im painting my bed wall this way. And getting a new dressint table because the handles are horrible and they have been here since moved here (supposedly fitted)

This is the before and the two after is it now. I like it a lot because cause like my bed isnt so close to he door and dont like it when people leave my door wide open and just see my family walking past all the time.  

Looks decent, great pic of teddy too :) - Any decent playlists to help with the room move? Am sure @ThePigeons could do with something to accompany the tidying :+1:

• Options
    Dandelion said:
    Jus finished playing some badminton in the garden, now I’m making some soup for lunch 
    Nice :) what kind of soup?

• Options
    Laine said:
    I'm actually doing some coursework and try and get some fresh air in garden later. 

My routine has gone down the toilet in terms of not getting out of pjs, sleeping at 2 am, and not getting any air. got windows wide open right now for some air :)
    I hear you on the routine front, super hard to keep things up when your options are more limited. I am trying to do a normal daily task a little differently each day, for example, I had my morning coffee in the garden and took my work chair outside to just do some work in a different space. What's your coursework on? 

• Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Its my health and social care work, doing biology at the moment just got started on common renal system disorders which as someone with health anxiety, is right up my ally haha :)

the positives to this is no exams and due to it all i've decided i may as well stay on for an access course and then head off to uni for my teaching degree :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Was meant to be my day off but might be called in for night shift, find out at 3 🤷‍♀️ been replying to letters today and about to start building my new bookcase! (I need it I have about 40 books coming 🙈 (about 10 have arrived and I have nowhere to put them)) 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Ed_ said:
    GreenTea said:
    @Ed_

Wow, that sounds impressively productive for a weekend of gardening! How big is the Christmas tree? Are they easy to keep throughout the year?

It's not that big, it's grown since I got it haha. Trying to keep it alive as long as I can!
  • Options
    Laine said:
    Its my health and social care work, doing biology at the moment just got started on common renal system disorders which as someone with health anxiety, is right up my ally haha :)

the positives to this is no exams and due to it all i've decided i may as well stay on for an access course and then head off to uni for my teaching degree :)
    Ah that's really cool to hear of some positives of the lockdown, you planning to go to uni in September?

• Options
    Was meant to be my day off but might be called in for night shift, find out at 3 🤷‍♀️ been replying to letters today and about to start building my new bookcase! (I need it I have about 40 books coming 🙈 (about 10 have arrived and I have nowhere to put them)) 
    Flatpack furniture is one of my favourite things in the world =, kinda jealous :3 Though sounds like it's quite a full on day with work in the evening, you going to have some time to unwind too?

• Options
    GreenTea said:
    It's not that big, it's grown since I got it haha. Trying to keep it alive as long as I can!

Impressed you have kept it going :3 How long have you had it for?

• Options
    Ed_ said:
    GreenTea said:

Impressed you have kept it going :3 How long have you had it for?

Since like early December. I brought it from Tesco, while drunk after a afternoon/evening in a pub. Probably the best drunk purchase going tbh
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Ed_ said:
    Flatpack furniture is one of my favourite things in the world =, kinda jealous :3 Though sounds like it's quite a full on day with work in the evening, you going to have some time to unwind too?
    @Ed_ honestly I love flat packed furniture too haha, though tend just to stick everything together with wood glue and hope for the best :lol: but actually used screws this time and only stabbed myself once :smile: turns out I don't have to work! well they haven't actually said but night shift starts in 10 so guess im not going in :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''