Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

April Self-Care

ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
Hey Everyone!

@GreenTea has given me the honour of doing this month's Self-care challenge, so hopefully everyone can give it a go and post what you do below! <3

Day 1: Create a pick-me-up jar https://www.rexlondon.com/blog/how-to-make-happiness-jar <3
Day 2: Go for a nature walk 🌿
Day 3: Make a hot chocolate and snuggle up for a movie! 🎥
Day 4: Take a long bath/shower and listen to some relaxing music 🛀
Day 5: Learn a new yoga pose🧘
Day 6: Watch the sunset 🌇
Day 7: Journal Topic - What are you most grateful for? 📖
Day 8: Try meditation 🧘🏾‍♀️
Day 9: Do some colouring ✏️
Day 10: Write a motivational letter to yourself 💌
Day 11: Light a candle and relax 🕯️
Day 12: Happy Easter! Enjoy your eggs and have an early night 🐰
Day 13: Write a positive affirmation on your mirror <3
Day 14: Journal Topic - Describe your ideal day! 📖
Day 15: Write down your negative thoughts and challenge them! ❌
Day 16: Practice some breathing exercises 💨
Day 17: Enjoy a mug of tea and a cake/biscuits ☕
Day 18: Try not to go on your phone when you wake up 📵
Day 19: Create a feel-good playlist 🎵
Day 20: Look up at the stars ✨
Day 21: Journal Topic - Reflect on how far you have come! 📖
Day 22: Take 10 minutes to just sit 🧘
Day 23: Visualise your ideal self (this could be you now!) 👁️
Day 24: Wake up early and watch the sunrise 🌅
Day 25: Do something nice for someone in secret <3 
Day 26: Take a digital detox 📱
Day 27: Have your own spa night 💆
Day 28: Journal Topic - What is your biggest dream? 📖
Day 29: Look for something beautiful in nature 🌳
Day 30: Write down your goals for May ✔️

Eleanor 
Alis propriis volat 

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I took a walk around my garden lol that's the best I can do!
  • Options
    _AJ__AJ_ Posts: 117 The Mix Convert
    This is really lovely, and will make me feel accomplished in looking after myself- thanks! I already have something like a happiness jar (I call it a rememberlutions jar- new years resolutions stress me out, so I am writing down things I want to remember instead).
    Yesterday I went for a walk on the common... 
    Not sure about a movie, but will certainly have hot choc and the new series of Grey's this afternoon!
    AJ x
  • Options
    Tonight I watch a film and drink gin. As I don't have any hot chocolate
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Will have to check if i have any hot chocolate in but defo feel like getting in my tracksuit and watching some grease! 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    chubbydumplingchubbydumpling Posts: 487 Listening Ear
    Hot chocolate and pancakes standing by, haven't decided on a movie yet :#
  • Options
    What films are you all watching?!
  • Options
    @GreenTea My friends and I are going to have a Netflix party and watch Perks of being a Wallflower :)
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    Had a long shower this morning. Was really nice!
  • Options
    I don't do yoga but will do a pose tonight just for this
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    I cant do yoga cause of my back/physical health problems but instead my journal says todays self care is 'tension' its something we all suffer from now more than ever probably, but I've done a few things today to help reduce that tension, I've planted my flowers, I've mopped my floor with chamomile floor cleaner to help relax me, I have a lovely scented candle going and going to do some reading/colouring :)

(hope this is okay to post, i'll stick to the rest of the challenge just today I cant due to my health)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    got my new iced coffee scented candle going :) might light my skull one aswell to relax me, it doesn't have a scent so I can burn both at the same time but it leaks blood out of the eyes :love:
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Got a blueberry cheesecake scented candle lit. My cotton scented candle ran out so had to change it up
  • Options
    Again thank you for posting this month self care thread 💜
  • Options
    I've got a Yankee candle on the go <3
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    I've got a Yankee candle on the go <3

Love Yankee candles! What scent is it?
  • Options
    @MountainPeak ooo what scent is it? <3
  • Options
    @GreenTea @BubblesGoesBoo It's called 'Soft Blanket' and it smells like the feeling you get when you get into fresh bedding if feeling can be a scent :joy:

Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    @GreenTea @BubblesGoesBoo It's called 'Soft Blanket' and it smells like the feeling you get when you get into fresh bedding if feeling can be a scent :joy:

Ooo love those ones! I like the baby powder one too!
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
    11th -i haven't got a candle but i feel relaxed in bed with the window open and hearing the rain
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    my head is going crazy wih the thought of having to eat an easter egg BUT im going to fight through and have a wee bit, not a lot as I dont want to push myself too much, but just what I can manage <3

planning on having an early night and hopefully wake up in a better mind place tomorrow:)

Happy Easter folks! :)<3
  • Options
    Can't eat chocolate right now so no eggs for me!
  • Options
    I have the self care thread ready for May. If anyone wants to do June please so PM me! 
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    My candle from yesterdays self care, I feel like a child at Christmas 😂💖

• Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    @BubblesGoesBoo woahhh that's cool!

• Options
    I have no easter eggs this year
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
  • Options
    Me neither @Shaunie :(
    Alis propriis volat 
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Shaunie said:
    @Shaunie

same here, I might get one tomorrow when they're discounted ;)
  • Options
    Tesco have them cheap as of today. I have one I don't want, my housemate got it for me. It's free for anyone to take from me.
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    @Shaunie

same here, I might get one tomorrow when they're discounted ;)
    Good idea!