Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Hi, my name is vonny63!

Hi
I'm trying to find out my rights legally as a mother to either have my son assessed or sectioned regarding mental health
He is 39 sleeping all day always unapproachable when awake taking drugs very unbalanced has just had a relationship breakdown caused mainly from him being aggressive
I live with depression recently lost my mother father and uncle in 2018
I feel he needs professional help and also anxious when he is being moody
Help is needed a.s.a.p

Comments

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Hi Vonny,

Welcome to The Mix. It sounds like things for you as a mother are not very easy right now and it also sounds like your son needs help from someone for his mental health. Hearing that he takes drugs is very concerning. As I am only 13 and not a mother, I don't know what else to say. I could recommend that you contact Samaritans though.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • vonny63vonny63 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Hi Kasia
    Thank you for replying, and with a very sensible answer
    He is 39 and has recently moved bk to my home 
    At the moment I am trying to find out my legal rights as a mother to have him sectioned
    I will come bk to you in the very near future
    Thanks for being kind enough to be concerned 💜💜
  • ItaliaItalia Posts: 220 Trailblazer
    Hey Vonny,

Welcome to The Mix! The situation with your son sound's really tough at the moment, especially not long after losing some family members. I'm sorry you're going through this right now.  

The Mix is a community for people who are 25 and under; so the options that we can suggest are usually best suited to those who are 25 or under and may not be helpful to 

There are some other services which may be better placed to help you. 
    • Mind - is a wonderful resource, they have a helpline and an online community like this one called Elefriends. Elefriends is for anyone over 18 years old and they may be able to point you in the right direction about how to get help for your son.
    • Samaritans - offers a listening service for adults, you can contact them 116 123. 
    These services, especially Mind may be able to answer your question. We're glad you have reached out for help here. :) 

“People who wade into discomfort and vulnerability and tell the truth about their stories are the real badasses.”
    -
    Brene Brown

• AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Welcome!x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Welcome Vonny :)

I'm sorry your son's going through this. It must be worrying and it's the right thing to reach out and try to find out what your rights as his mother are.

What would you think of talking to him about your concern and trying to gently encourage him to seek help? Have you tried to before?

I'm so sorry you're living with depression and that you lost your parents and uncle. We're all here if you need to talk about anything and I hope your son pulls through things soon <3