Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How body confident are you?

Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
We've been doing a lot of work recently around how we can help people improve their body image and we have created this quiz to help people work out how positive or negative their body image is. Why not give it a go and tell us below what your result was. 

Also, a challenge to improve our self-worth, tag someone else on the boards and give them a compliment about something other than their looks. This can be a good way to remind ourselves that so much of us as people are the qualities we have that can't be seen. 

we tried this on instagram a few weeks ago and it was really awesome to see so much positivity on social. 
FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    That link doesnt give me a result. But i dont think some of those questions show you body confident you are. Like i like clothes shopping cause i like being trendy tbh lol but don't like my body. And if spend long getting ready could not have confidence same as spending short time. I used to be more body concious when i was younger. I used to pad my bras lol.  Cause i used to really cared about being flat chested now i just accept it. When eating disorder is bad then i hate my body so much that i feel so agitated to be in my own skin. But i wouldnt say my eating disorder is bad atm but still care about my body but care more about my face atm. Like i think my whole face is not symerrical. And my jaw line is not the best. And my whole face shape i wish was different. And dont like my nose and my eyebrows. And wear make up in attempt to change it but yeah cant really change the shape of your facial features 

and @Ed_ you have a warm friendly personality
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I have horrific body confidence. I always feel uncomfortable with how I look and always dear judgement. I try to avoid mirrors because I just pick myself apart. If someone makes a compliment I literally don't know how to respond or accept it. I very much try to hide in social situations because I fear what people will think of me because I look at myself as fat and disgusting and my ears are too small, my hair to frizzy etc etc. I don't have a partner out of fear he will hate my body.

I hate it and Every time I try to work on my body confidence I end up in tears and even more uncomfortable with myself.